Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/29/24 at 07:21:42
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
unable to change part numbers  SM-J-L (Read 1945 times)
Laura Oliver

unable to change part numbers  SM-J-L
12/14/19 at 13:42:05

Yesterday i tried several times to change item numbers but  the process stalls/hangs around ISRMINVL, ISSRAIVL.   I end up canceling in mid process.  I had a similar problem a few years ago (see below)   Today I ran ddcheck and have 24 errors from the TEST Company.   So I temporarily moved the  test company to my documents and then reran ddcheck and got over 600 exceptions from the test company. So i moved test company back to dbamfg and reran ddcheck and once again have 24 errors.    I also read in the archives where someone else associated this problem to a update. I have not needed to change a part number since Lynn did our update in December of 2018.  

From 2015
Success!

I tried to run ddcheck several time in dba, but kept getting the error .... Tb5wdba.exe has stopped.  A problem caused the program to close.  

So I ran T7ddcheck in evo and got a 11 page report of files that don't exist.  All but one of the million errors were from a test company long deleted. I then went to delete  the previously deleted play company but it was not found when I pushed F2.  But I manually typed in the company extension and the program acted like it deleted the supposedly previously deleted company.  Even though It could not found in the search box the old deleted company was obviously there..  I reran t7ddcheck and this time got a single error.   I then went and ran ddcheck in dba and got the same one error report.  
So It appears that the remnant dormant  files from the previously deleted company were not allowing me to change the name of part numbers.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Laura's ipad

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: unable to change part numbers  SM-J-L
Reply #1 - 12/15/19 at 15:55:00

That does not make sense.  Change Part number in company A is only looking at company A and has nothing to do with any problems with the data dictionary with other companies.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Re: unable to change part numbers  SM-J-L
Reply #2 - 04/01/22 at 16:15:28

Every time I want to change a part #  the process stalls hangs up (hours) around ISRMINVL, ISSRAIVL.   I end up canceling in mid process

After I  run t7DDcheck and DDcheck, and take care of all the errors  I can then change a part number in minutes.

This time when I ran the EVO update icon, the update archived WOs.  I dont remember that in the past.  

To remember next time: go to Run and type in the UPDATE command doesnt seem to work, but then you will find a UPDATE icon on your desktop.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print