Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/29/24 at 03:14:05
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Secure SMTP Email doesn't work properly in EVO (Read 2045 times)
AirPixel
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Secure SMTP Email doesn't work properly in EVO
12/30/19 at 23:37:06

I'm new to EVO. (taken over an old business)

Spent couple of days trying to configure print-to-Email function, I found when using Secure SMTP (SSL), EVO just sends out emails once a while and most of the test emails got lost without any error message, I also noticed some .txt files related to the missing emails were created in EVO folder with a random number name, when I replaced the Secure SMTP with a Non-SSL SMTP, all the test emails were sent out successfully and there was a pop-up message showing "Email sent successfully" after click "Send" button and wait for a while.

I have snapped some screenshots but don't know how to upload.
[img][/img]

Is there anyone can help me?

Thanks,

Shawn

Stud Welding Systems

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Secure SMTP Email doesn't work properly in EVO
Reply #1 - 12/31/19 at 09:29:16

What port are you using?  I use Port 465 with SSL and seldom have any issues.  The secure SMTP is calling a different email client than the unsecured one.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #2 - 12/31/19 at 12:47:35

I believe if you are using with SSL, then you are expecting the generated email to be encrypted with a set of keys, hence you need to be using an SSL certificate when communicating with the mail relay server for that encryption to occur.  

Port 465 was actually deprecated in favor of using TLS to send email securely.  The protocol a mail server uses for secure TLS communications is STARTTLS and allows mail servers to communicate over regular SMTP ports with encryption.  

So all your sending server needs is to be able to support using the connection command "STARTTLS" in the SMTP command to send mail to your relay.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
AirPixel
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #3 - 12/31/19 at 13:08:24

I used 465 port as well.

After I switched to Non-SSL SMTP, the email sending function works without problem so far, I think there's no harm in using non-SSL SMTP, this way is much better than getting in trouble with SSL.

Thank you very much Lynn and Val for your helps, I wish you all a

VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print