Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/03/24 at 01:00:29
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DBA Classic v e r r y   v e r r y   s l (Read 1550 times)
tseyfarth
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

DBA Classic v e r r y   v e r r y   s l
01/06/20 at 16:44:49

Hello all,

Just updated from 2004.1 to 2019.1.  DBA on client is very very slow. It took 3 minutes to load SO-A and every entry made, the screen redraws.  Is there a way to fix this?  The shortcut is pointed to a mapped drive Z:\DBAMFG\TP5WDBA.exe.  This is the same as it was before. The server is Win 10, the client is win 10.  A user on the server has no problem with speed.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tim

IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: DBA Classic v e r r y   v e r r y   s l
Reply #1 - 01/17/20 at 08:11:38

Have you done any archiving of Evo documents?  We have found that archiving and even purging where you can really does speed things up. Archiving keeps the files but in a separate table so it can definitely speed up the lookups in SO, WO, AR, AP, Inventory, BOM, etc. and make running reports faster, too.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Reply #2 - 01/17/20 at 11:06:16

From 2004 to 2019 is quite a jump. I am not surprise
2004 was designed for Win2000/WinXP

Did  you upgrade Pervasive? check the settings (you can ask on the pervasive forum : https://communities.actian.com/s/topic/0TO33000000LkvSGAS/actian-zen-psql
Also, windows 10 is not a server, is a workstation that could be part of the problem.

Are you using antivirus? Could you disable it on both computers? and test again?
Remote Desktop to win10 see if it makes a difference

It is all I can think for now.

Kelloggs

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 01/22/20 at 20:33:33

The TP5WDBA.EXE used by DBA Classic  has not changed with any of our updates.  It is the same as 2002 and will never change.  The subprograms that it calls such as SO-A or IN-A we can change but the fundamental executable used by DBA Classic is the same.  Slow program loads can be a factor of the amount of data, anti-virus scans and other network related issued.

As I have posted elsewhere on this forum, the executable for DBA Classic will certainly die 12/31/2030 or sooner if some Windows OS update imposes some security check that renders it inoperable.  The "Lifetime License" that DBA issued back in 1998 for 12/31/2030 seemed way out in the future then but not so much now...  Still 10 years away but something to be aware of.  Evo-ERP does not have that deadline built in.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print