Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/01/24 at 15:48:06
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Web Storefront link with Evo-ERP (Read 4059 times)
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Web Storefront link with Evo-ERP
05/01/20 at 07:55:12

In light of the recent COVID-19 restrictions I have had a number of requests on how to link a web storefront to Evo-ERP.  The core programs exist.  DE-T will connect to your web server via FTP and download orders and DE-U will do the same to upload inventory balances.  Both use CSV files so the trick is getting your web developer to make your website create/read the files in the appropriate format.  This board is a place to share how you make that work.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Sites
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Re: Web Storefront link with Evo-ERP
Reply #1 - 03/26/23 at 07:43:49

I am looking into integrating Evo-ERP with an eCommerce application. We do have the ability to export and import csv files and translate the fields to match.  
Is there documentation available for DE-U and DE-T, and for the format of the csv files? Also, is it still possible to download a 30 day trial of Evo-ERP? evoerp.com is down.

If there are any developers on the forum with experience in this I would like to hear from them.

IP Logged
BradG
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #2 - 04/15/23 at 15:24:26

I am in the process of testing linkages between evoerp and woocommerce site.  I have an addon there that exports custom formats to csv files. I am also working the solution to take standard raw data csv (orders) and then mapping them to the webimport format csv to then drop into EVO.  I appears there will need to be short automated script to move raw to final.  We are also in the process of a scheduled task for that ecomm export at 15min intervals.  That will match a scheduled task for EVO to call the appropriate file on the website FTP.  That will be followed by a script scheduled task to run EVO DE-P-D.  Has anyone managed this process with this level of integration, experience or have suggestions?

We also have a working solution for moving EVO inventory quantities as well as EVO sales price to web product quantities/current sales price.

WWW   IP Logged
bkp
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 04/27/23 at 07:44:50

Brad,

Did you work with someone to setup your storefront and integrating DBA?  Or did you do it on your own?

Bryon

IP Logged
BradG
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #4 - 05/14/23 at 15:24:15

Byron,  Sorry for the slow response, Yes.  In fact the process has changed greatly.  We are pulling site direct info via a script written to use PSQL.  There are in fact 3 of them, one checks the website pricing against EVO and will directly put those prices in EVO if they are lower.  Once the two prices are matched, EVO controls the website pricing updates and its inventory, through an update program  The first two are setup so one does not have to manually manage website pricing against EVO.  The third one is the order import side -- it pulls the orders into EDI formatted CSV which in turn uses my server's local FTP server.  The process works.  We are working out the details on some very difficult products.  Once that is done we will begin testing FTP CSV handling requirements for EVO.  That will then bring us up to the last part which is scheduled task runs. These will automate 98% of this once in place.   One is the price/inventory set once per day late night, the other will be orders call probably 3 time an hour.  

Just a heads up, testing processes are done in the command Line.  CMD LINE needs a little bit of practice but is straight forward once you get the hang of it. BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP  EVO business Data and the websites as well.  I have a local mirrored copy of EVO on my laptop for testing so my business data is never at risk

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print