Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 01:59:04
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TRACKING OVERPAYMENTS AND ISSUING CREDIT MEMOS (Read 405 times)
jamfg
Browser

TRACKING OVERPAYMENTS AND ISSUING CREDIT MEMOS
05/19/20 at 14:04:52

two part question.  any input appreciated

Has anyone else had an issue with tracking AR over payments in EVO, there seems to be no real audit trail?  We have larger customers who can pay upwards of 100 invoices in a single payment.  If any of the invoices result in an over payment, we have no way (in the system) to track those payments to their original invoice/sales order.  The over payment that is issued has no number associated with it, no credit memo to send to our customer, just a date and a zero for an invoice number.  Our customers use purchase order numbers and our invoice numbers to track payments, and sending them statements with Zero's as credit memo numbers and no physical credit memo frustrates them, they want specifics on which invoices/purchase orders were over paid.  It's worse when you have a large over payment and then try to use it for smaller invoices, because there is not a way to track payments made to invoices with the over payment funds, I have had to start keeping a spreadsheet for tracking purposes.  If anyone has any ideas, or I am doing this wrong please tell me, because when I emailed IStech I was told that over payments only post to the customers account and there is no way to track them to the invoices that were over paid.    

Part two

We recently had a customer who overpaid twice (once taking a discount) but took full credit when they took their credit.  Invoice 2 line items, each line was paid separately, then two over payments and one credit. Five Transactions, but only two could be linked to the original invoice/purchase order.   When Our customer service rep sent our customer what he thought were the transactions related to this purchase order, he was quite surprised to learn that there was not real audit trail for net -39,000.00 and neither was our customer.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print