Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/08/24 at 09:22:34
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NO opening list?  maximize minimize restore? (Read 468 times)
Laura Oliver

NO opening list?  maximize minimize restore?
10/13/20 at 12:28:41

Setting:  EVO view with Enable opening list.

Some users/workstations calling up SO-A don't see an opening list.    Playing around I discovered that if I restore down  SO-A  to a reduced size, and start randomly clicking outside the restored down box   that the list will pop up.      (If i were to never randomly click outside I think it would stay minimized forever. I have let it sit several times for hours and nothing happened.  At that time i didnt realize it was just hiding)  

I want to stress there is no max/min screen at the bottom.  We are not overlooking a minimized box.   In other EVO situations my folks know to look for the mimimize/mazimise box.  But there is not one there.    
Somehow the opening list is hidden or minimized,  but there is no option to maximize.

This problem seems to be associated not so much with the workstation i  am on,  but the user I am logged in on.   My personal login has this problem no matter what workstation i login to.  Some users never have this problem regardless of where they login

Any and all help appreciated.
Laura  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Re: NO opening list?  maximize minimize restore?
Reply #1 - 10/15/20 at 08:04:09

One of my coworkers suggested that rather than maximize the little box in the bottom and then wait (or hope ) for the opening list to appear that I should just wait for the screen to max on its own.  I still have to wait but I think allowing the box to max on its own reduces  internal stack errors.

Quote from Vman on 01/05/17 at 13:35:02:
It appears that in EVO that when a screen loads there is a delay before it is ready to take input.  For  example, In EVO load up SO-A (in my case, it lists the open Sales Order. If you try to click on a SO before the top entry is highlighted, you get an Access Violation.  This one is recoverable.  If the program ignored input until it was ready, this would not happen.
There may also be an issue when you have made an entry such as a SO line item and then move too quickly to input something else.
Maybe EVO (TAS?) doesn't buffer well or it may not be possible to program in short "pauses" where you can't click/input until it's ready.

Quote from NovaZyg on 01/10/17 at 14:02:35:
In cases like SO-A where there is an OPENING LIST (IN-A,IN-B, SO-A, PO-A, AR-A, AP-A, WO-A) and they are set to open that way US-A to set them on or off (enable opening list) It has always been an issue if you click somewhere else while it is trying to load it loses focus and causes an AV or Stack error. That is why I added notification sounds to Grids yeas ago. In US-A on the misc tab, second question is Enable Notification Sounds. If you check that ON  then as the grids load, when it is ready for user input it plays a chime. Until you hear that chime the system is still loading data. I know it is not the optimal solution, and to have all user input disabled until it is ready would be, but I cannot seem to find any way to accomplish this in the current language Evo is written in. Now the speed at which those programs do load does fully depend on how much data you have.. if for instance you run SO-A in the 99 Test company with very little data the lists are instant. but if you have years of data in your sales order files and have never archived them, it has to go through years of data to show you the open sales orders. I would suggest archiving all closed SO,PO,WO to start and turn on the Sound notifications just to let the users know when it is good to go..

Archive SO,PO,WO are located on SM-J menu *note this is Archive not Purge you can still see and access archived files.

I turned on chimes in US-A, and i will archive and maybe that will help, but i dont think this lagging problem  is too much data because some of my users have zero wait while others of us must wait for several minutes.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print