Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/08/24 at 12:32:16
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for solutions to problems? (Read 1168 times)
Laura Oliver

Looking for solutions to problems?
10/21/20 at 08:39:25

I noticed that some of my workstations have different data in taspro7.ini  

DataDictPath=M:\                                  or   =\\Dixie2K8\DBAMFG\                            but some forum users have   K:\DBAMFG\    Ugh mine is mapped or has server name in path?
DfltCompanyCode= _____________                                                                          but some forum users have   B  (but I think blank is just fine for default)
DfltRunPrg=M:\EvoERPmenu.rwn            or =\\Dixie2K8\DBAMFG\EvoERPmenu.rwn     but some forum users have   K:\DBAMFG\EvoERPmenu.rwn  or F:\DBAEXRUN.RUN
DefaulttPath=M:\                                   or  =\\Dixie2K8\DBAMFG\                             but some forum users have   K:\DBAMFG\

HelpFileName=M:\EvoHELP.CHM
HelpFileName=c:\ists\EvoHELP.CHM  or \\Dixie2K8\DBAMFG\EvoHelp.chm

Could any of the above settings be causing us problems What is correct?    I am hoping that this may help me find a reason we are having different problems on different machines.  
EDIT:  I think the red above is mapped drives.  But  I am not sure if mapped drives would cause EVO to act crazy.
Thanks,
Laura  

not sure what this means ....Quote from Lynn_Pantic on 09/07/11 at 18:25:45:
DBA needed a mapped drive but Evo can use the UNC path.  You can get rid of the maps and point the TASPRO7.INI to the full network path.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Re: Looking for solutions to problems?
Reply #1 - 10/21/20 at 09:01:01

1. Does having multiple users on the same workstation cause problems with taspro7

2. target for EVO icon  ..... I keep wondering if some of my errors are due to the fact that maybe i have mapping issues or pointing issues.  
   Most of my users icons are targeted  to C:\ISTS\evoerp.exe C:|ISTS    BUT ONE IS  C:\ISTS\STARTEvo.exeC:ISTS and it seems to work fine.  

3.  Lynn reccomends UNC path over mapped drives.    I am not sure what the difference is and how to tell what i have  

generic form: \\ComputerName\SharedFolder\Resource.
UNC paths reduce threat of ransomware
UNC path helps protect files from accidentally being deleted
UNC path to the server and evoerp i.e. \\server\evoerp.
The doudle slash would indicate it is trying to use a UNC path, rather than a mapped path.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print