Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/03/24 at 09:13:30
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Finding why entries going to clearing acct in GL-O (Read 447 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Finding why entries going to clearing acct in GL-O
12/09/20 at 08:00:07

It looks like this is happening when AR goes to post the RS (Sales) batch in GL-O.  This has been happening for a few months now.

On our advanced cash orders, we have always added a wire fee to cover the incurred cost of receiving wire payments (these are typically international orders). When AR posts, GL-O is adding another wire fee debit & credit, one or both of which ends up falling under the clearing account. Finance of course has to go into GL-P (edit GL) & change the account number. It seems that it is always $33, no matter what the value of the actual sales order fee is. I'm not sure where this amount is coming from.

I asked Finance to look at the parts involved in the sales, which are varied (not always the same part), and potentially see if any thing like the part type may have changed and affected the item class or something.  Is that one cause?  What else could be causing this to happen?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
prophet

Re: Finding why entries going to clearing acct in
Reply #1 - 12/09/20 at 10:26:12

usually the cause of those types of issues are because of an issue with the Item Class GL's. So that is where you should start. Look at the Item class GL those parts are tied to. Use SM-C and see if all the GL accounts tied to it are not only valid but there. Also check out the GL accounts you have setup in your Defaults. Go to AD-A there are tabs for Accounting/Sales, Manufacturing and Payroll. When nothing is set for the Item class GL's the system looks there. Customers can also be tied to a specific GL account which can be set in AR-A under the Settings tab, so there is another spot to check. If all those areas's look to be good then I suggest you talk to your Rep or if you believe it to be some kind of Bug enter it in the Bug tracker.

IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #2 - 12/09/20 at 11:56:51

Thanks!  I will pass this along to the Finance folks.  Sounds like I was getting into the right track, a little bit.  Wink

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 12/10/20 at 14:48:19

I suspect you are using a type N (Non-Inventory) part number for the line on the order/invoice to charge the customer for the fees incurred.  That works fine for revenue or contra expense for the charge to the customer.  Look at the part number in IN-A - I bet it has  Last Cost of $33 which is posting as the "Inventory/COGS" transaction associated with the line.  Use IN-K to zero out the last cost.  Going forward, never use a Non-Inventory "Misc Charge" part number in both Sales and Purchasing.  Use different items.  Using the item in Purchasing gives it a Last Cost that will be used in sales.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #4 - 12/22/20 at 07:54:14

Thanks, Lynn.  I have also forwarded this info to Finance.  

Appreciate the help!

Kind regards,

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print