Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Grid Problem with Lot (Read 588 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Grid Problem with Lot
12/31/20 at 09:58:09

When doing any lookup in the Lot program, users are getting a timeout on the temp drill file. The file is created, I can see it in the drill folder. This can occur in the LOT program itself or we are also seeing via IN-C Adjustment and looking up lots from there. In this case the Lot lookup appears for about 2 seconds and then all the contents disappear and it's an empty lookup grid and then the timeout occurs.

Users then claim the screen is unresponsive and they CTRL-ALT-DEL out of Evo.

I my testing, if I wait it will give another timeout about 5 or 6 seconds later and then I can click on OK and get out of the Lot module cleanly.

While I am in Evo I can manually remove that specific .tmp file mentioned in the timeout error and then Evo will be ok and allow me to back out the program.

But the issue still persists on the timeout of the temp file being created when the lookup screen comes up.
What is causing this and how can I fix?

TIA

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: Grid Problem with Lot
Reply #1 - 01/06/21 at 12:54:55

bump-de-bump...anyone???  

Would there be anything in the local c:\ists folder that may be causing this?
It really only happens to one person (they say it's happening to others, but it is really just one person. And I cannot reproduce on my system or any another system.

Thanks in advance!

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
prophet

Reply #2 - 01/06/21 at 15:25:21

I've seen the saved settings files that get created when you save settings for certain programs get corrupted and cause issues. You can verify by going into your ISTS folder and look for the .INI files and or .CFG. For example if someone saved settings for WO-C in EVO it was save it as WOC.INI. You could as a tests move the .ini and .cfg files in the ISTS folder that pertain to that program out of the ISTS folder then try the program again. But if this issue is happening to everyone one then why not just to be sure use maintain database and look at the file that contain the Lots. Make sure there are no binary zero's or just junk records and or blank records.

IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #3 - 01/07/21 at 10:00:00

Thanks, that is a good idea and I had already done that. There does not seem to be anything for LC-A .ini wise in their ists folder..  I am wondering if it (the lookup) gets lumped into an INA.ini file, or possibly an issue with a WB lookup file in the \ists\dfm folder? There are 2 of those .dfm files that begin with WB.

It's a head scratcher right now and there's one grumpy user because of it.  

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
prophet

Reply #4 - 01/07/21 at 11:08:22

I believe those two files are simply copies of the files that are in the DBAMFG folder. You could move them out and copy them from the DBAMFG folder and past them back in that folder see if that helps.

IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #5 - 01/28/21 at 10:00:52

Well, Walter just emailed me and said he changed the view in the grid to all locations (LOTALLLOC) and the issue is gone.

I am not sure what he had it set to before, looks like some custom views are in there. I see LOT2, LOT, AND HHLOT as other options.  Not sure what those are or how they got there, and if I can remove them so this does not happen again?

Anyway, issue is resolved.

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print