Send Topic Print
Unable to Minimize Evo (Read 330 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Unable to Minimize Evo
10/19/21 at 10:45:32

Since upgrading to 2021.1 our Evo users have mentioned the following issues:

1) they can no longer minimize Evo when they need to.

2)  they are struggling to keep multiple windows showing on the Evo desktop.  If they click on an open area of the desktop they lose the currently open Evo window(s) and have to move down to the Windows taskbar to find them, or use the new green minus button to bring them back each time. But once they click on any the Evo desktop, they all go away (are minimized).

3) if they click on the far right of the window taskbar to get to the Windows desktop, it looks like it minimizes Evo, but if they open a new Windows program (like say Explorer or notepad), open any folder or document, or click on an already minimized Windows program on the taskbar these actions maximize Evo to the background and hide the Windows desktop again.

I found that going into Settings and enabling "Enable TopMost Windows" allows them to have the multiple windows open in Evo and that disables the green minus button, as well as keeping the Evo desktop active with the open windows even if they click on the Evo desktop.  This solution does not prevent the issue #3 above, however.  Nor does it help with issue #1 above.

Any suggestions for fixes for these problems?

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
prophet

Re: Unable to Minimize Evo
Reply #1 - 10/20/21 at 10:12:37

The original Windows Min/Max/Close can be brought back on a individual workstation.  for the standard Windows Min/Max/Close so if you create a file in C:\ISTS called evomenuwin.on the standard Windows top toolbar will be active which contains a real Minimize function.  However if you have a number of EVO program windows open and minimized and you click the Windows Close it can cause things to crash and since that is a native Windows call there is nothing that can be done about it.  That is why it was made a option so each user can choose.

IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: Unable to Minimize Evo
Reply #2 - 10/20/21 at 12:47:54

Thanks for the reply!  I hear what you are saying.

I KNOW I have users who do work with windows in Evo minimized and then just hit the X to close out of Evo quickly.  I have a feeling this specific actions may be one of the causes for "ghost" sessions we can see in Pervasive Monitor--sessions with open files even though the user is out of Evo.  

So the workaround I have tested helps to allow them to see their multiple windows open but will still allow programs to be minimized to the taskbar and allow them to exit out of Evo with them open.

Is there any way if they click on the red X that a check can be made for open programs and alert the user?  When they click on Yes to exit the menu, if open programs are detected the system can  can say "There are open Evo programs. Please check your task bar and close any open Evo programs before exiting the menu."  Same for the File, Exit (though must all of my users hit that drn red X).

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print