Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/08/24 at 02:24:29
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Printing to New HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdn (Read 408 times)
irontom
Browser

Printing to New HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdn
10/20/21 at 09:29:30

Hello all,
I have just installed a new HP LJ Pro MFP M428fdn on my network and it works fine with all Windows apps but EVO is another issue.  When trying to print directly to the printer from EVO, we get an "error printing document" error in the print que.  If we print preview from programs such as SO-F, AR-F or PO-B, we can choose to print from the preview and it will print with no problem.  Programs such as JC-E and GL-F will not print either from the preview or the direct route.  Anyone else have any similar problems.  I feel it is just a setting I haven't found yet.

Iron Innovations, Inc.
PO Box 2340
Clinton, MS 39060
601-924-0640
Email   IP Logged
irontom
Browser

Re: Printing to New HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdn
Reply #1 - 10/21/21 at 13:01:22

Follow-up.
I may have been the only one who didn't know this, but just in case, I'm reporting my findings.  The problem is not with EVO.  Apparently, quoting more than one blogger, the Windows 10 WSD printer ports are "not worth a s*h&i%t".  If you choose the default installation options when installing a new HP laserjet on a network, the software by default uses a Windows WSD printer port.  Instead of choosing the defaults, pick the option to manually configure and put the printer on either a standard tcp/ip port or a HP standard tcp/ip port.  Doing so will allow the printer to print without issue.  Using the WSD ports will create problems with printing with EVO and other programs as well.  2 years ago, I installed another laserjet, using the automatic configuration, it used the WSD printer port and I have not had any problems, but this new one definitely ran into problems.  As soon as I re-configured onto the tcp/ip ports, printing problems went away.  
 Hopefully no one else will encounter problems but if you do, hope this info helps.

Iron Innovations, Inc.
PO Box 2340
Clinton, MS 39060
601-924-0640
Email   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: Printing to New HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdn
Reply #2 - 10/22/21 at 08:36:12

Been there, done that.  I can concur - we do not use that setup at all. as it is nothing but problematic.  If a printer is added that way, we remove and manually add.  

We also avoid if at all possible using the Universal print drivers and stick to printer specific drivers when available.  

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print