Send Topic Print
Corrupted file (Read 1054 times)
TimO
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Corrupted file
01/10/22 at 10:31:02

Running DBA Classic under windows 10.
Sometime during the last year some of our DBA files got corrupted. Specifically payroll. Nothing was evident until recently. All payroll and reports ran fine through the end of the year. Prior to the first payroll of the year we have to run the payroll year end routine [PR-O]. Here's where the problem shows up. The year end routine continuously showed the following error '\\MASTER\dbamfg\default\ISPRMSTER.B - 46' . I assume the message popped once for each employee in the file. We couldn't do much about that so we continued on. Printing W2's went well and we did the first payroll of the year. That all went well until an employee showed us his stub this morning. The weekly and quarterly numbers were correct but the year-to-date numbers were wrong. All the weekly, quarterly and year-to-date numbers should have been the same. It appears that the year-to-date numbers were not cleared as part of the year end process. (the result of the error we were getting).
I have no idea how to proceed. I ran the Maintain Database program but that failed with error 'DBIERR unknown DBAMFG'.  I also ran the Check File Integrity program with no errors.  
Where do I go from here?

IP Logged
TimO
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Re: Corrupted file
Reply #1 - 01/11/22 at 10:55:14

Here is more info. We Run a 3 station peer-peer network. During the year we replaced all 3 computers. We had old computers that we max'ed out on windows 7. So, we have 3 new computers and a new data base manager. (Pervasive/Actian14). Never had an issue til now. Out of curiosity, I fired up the old computer that had the data base on it and ran the year end routine. No problem. All other programs seem to run great.
Currently, we are manually changing all the QTR to date and YTD numbers for each employee.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 01/11/22 at 11:55:12

Just to be safe, make a backup copy and then run UT-C on the ISPRMSTR file to reindex it.  Status 46 is an access denied (which would explain why the YTD was not zeroed out) sometimes caused by a file being in an older Pervasive format being accessed by the newer version.  However that is not likely because you would have been getting errors every time you did payroll.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
TimO
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #3 - 01/12/22 at 10:17:09

Ran UT-C as suggested. Here is a list of error messages we got.  
1)An Error occurred while trying to open file C\DBAMFG\DEFAULT\ISPRMSTR.B -12
2)Error trying to open file C:\DBAFMG\FILES.B - 12.
3)An error message record was not found in the ERRMSG.B file. 405 (twice).
4)Fatal Error. The file you are trying to use is unallocated. It may belong to a file that has not been opened yet or was in an array that was removed from memory. Des-information.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #4 - 01/12/22 at 15:30:12

Status 12 is File not Found.  That can't be right if you can run payroll as the file must exist.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
TimO
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #5 - 01/13/22 at 10:31:45

Thanks Lynn
I did a test run this morning. Payroll ran fine. C\DBAMFG\DEFAULT\ISPRMSTR.B  does exist.  C:\DBAFMG\FILES.B does not exist. A file name that is close and does exist is FILES.UPD.(sounds like a file related to updates).  

IP Logged
TimO
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #6 - 01/18/22 at 10:35:54

Recovered files 'FILES.B' and 'FILEDES' from a 2014 archive.
Ran UT-C again. It ran clean. When I tried to access an employee in PR-A, all hell broke loose. The was screen only partially filled. It looks like the employee data that was displayed was in the correct spot on the screen, but the form was not displayed at all. Here are the error messages.
1) Violation at address 76F1F583 in module ntd.dll (sp?)  Write of address 00000014. Got this 4 times.
2) Eventually was given the option to exit the employee without saving. We could not exit the review. Continuously  
got the error 'invalid pointer operation'. Had to close DBA through Task Manager.  

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #7 - 01/18/22 at 16:36:58

You can't restore old files like that.  The data structure changes with every update.  You need to match the data structure of the version you are on.  If you are not on a support plan with phone support you need to open a support incident for something like this.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
TimO
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #8 - 01/18/22 at 16:43:26

We are on a bronze plan which I think only supports updates. How do I open a support incident?

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #9 - 01/18/22 at 18:44:01

I will call you tomorrow

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
TimO
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #10 - 01/20/22 at 09:59:15

Lynn,
Sorry if I missed your call. We go home at 4:30 west coast time. I don't how that works out for you.
I did a little more digging. It looks like we lost a lot of files a few years ago. We had a ransomware attack and did not pay. Some how we  removed all the files that had the ransomware tag. No .exe files were affected and DBA ran fine so no one said anything. What did happen, which was also not mentioned, was that evo no longer worked. I guess evo was very rarely used. I want to reinstall evo and have our office start emailing invoices. (I did some work on that years ago). This all sounds like a big chore but ...
Office # is 818-240-4840

« Last Edit: 01/20/22 at 16:25:23 by TimO »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print