Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/27/24 at 22:39:45
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2008 server will not load windows (Read 3883 times)
Laura Oliver

2008 server will not load windows
05/26/22 at 08:10:39

I have a call into ISTECHSPPORT and waiting for a call back.  I am hoping that ISTECH has a server expert on staff.  
Our PowerEdge T310 (server 2008 R2) has worked flawless since 2012 install.  It worked great yesterday but this morning when we came into the office our workstations had no connections to the server.  I tried to reboot but windows would not load. I retried several times.  I never got to the login screen.  I was given the option to launch start up recovery but I had problems with that login screen.  The only user it would allow is administrator.  It would not accept my admin password It would not allow me to change the name of administrator.    

I removed the cellophane from the never opened windows operating system in hopes to reboot from the cd.  I was able to get the CD open but I was not able to recover from it.   I am scared to do an new install from the cd  as I might loose my data

I tried DiskPart and then List vol and I do not see where we have a reserve drive?   Instead we have a recovery drive. 
Could this be a hint?  

We do know that the neighborhood had internet issues last night... maybe that is a hint that could help. 

Ironically we were planning to move to the AWS server in two Weeks.  I think Lynn was going to do this changeover on June 6th or 7th.  So we only need this for a short while.  

Thanks
Laura 

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Re: 2008 server will not load windows
Reply #1 - 05/26/22 at 12:12:55

Update:  
after reading a zillion forums I was finally able to login into the our server.
I finally figured out that the server couldnt find the Operating System.
It was fixed thru one of the commands below.  
 Bootrec.exe
/FixMbr
/FixBoot  
/ScanOs  
/RebuildBcd

In the meanwhile I have to give a shoutout to ISTECH Support Lynn and Hector.   THEY ARE WONDERFUL!

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print