Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/01/24 at 06:32:03
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
want to rearrange columns in lookup. (Read 1665 times)
Laura Oliver

want to rearrange columns in lookup.
06/09/22 at 07:54:02

How do I rearrange the columns in a lookup?

I added a description column but it is so far to the right that we have to slide over.  I want it to be the 4th column not the 14th.

Thanks  
Laura  

Edit: I   found one way that works.  But there is probably a better way.   I would think there is a way to insert or delete.

I just type over what existing word is written in the 4th column heading and change the pull down in the field name.  

The first thing I did was type the information from the 4th field data to the 15th field data so for a brief time column 15 is the same as the 4th column.  .
Then I go into the 4th field data and change the wording to what i want to see.   I just typed over the unwanted wording.   I then choose the correct dropdown choice in the field name.  

Just deleting the typed word in the column header will erase the whole line and it will no longer be visible when you do the lookup in WO-A  (or wherever)  

For future reference: How to add a column.... In DBA WO-A lookup showed WO Description.  But EVO did not have a description column in WO-A lookup.
I went to Query SU-A and chose WorkOrders and then in field data column I typed Description and in field name  I used the dropdown box to choose MTWO.WIP.DESC.   That allowed us to now see the description column in EVO WO-A but it was way to far to the right.    

tag: arrange data dictionary SU-A maintain drill downs.

« Last Edit: 06/09/22 at 09:10:22 by Laura Oliver »  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
prophet

Re: want to rearrange columns in lookup.
Reply #1 - 06/09/22 at 13:11:56

Use SU-A, bring up the grid in question. Then click and hold on the box next to the Column Header and drag it up to the 4 line down. Then save it. That should give you what you are looking for.

IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #2 - 07/12/22 at 06:05:38

Prophet, that was very helpful!  Thank you!
I just used your instructions to change the grid look up in PO-A.  I  move the  "printed" column to the 2nd column.  That way we can see if I PO has been received or has been printed.   But the main reason is because I have folks who enter the heading of the PO and think they are going to come back later and enter the PO lines.... but they forget.   With the new column arrangement I can immediately see if a PO has had lines entered or not.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Ashley
Browser

Reply #3 - 07/28/23 at 14:43:08

Is there a way to sort the columns in the lookup grids?

I want to have the most recent date at the top, not the bottom.

Thanks  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print