Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/29/24 at 01:56:52
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
smtp sent mail should be in outlook? (Read 433 times)
Laura Oliver

smtp sent mail should be in outlook?
06/20/22 at 14:31:46

Should the emails we send (off thru via) Evo show up in our Outlook sent box.  We are imapped and normally everything we send from and device shows up in the sent box of outlook and of course we can see everything sent on our email service.   I am not seeing  anything sent  (off thru from via) EVO in the Outlook box.    

This  may be the reason there is such a strong BCC capability.

Thanks
Laura  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
prophet

Re: smtp sent mail should be in outlook?
Reply #1 - 06/21/22 at 12:16:53

Per the programmers "The Emails you send via EVO do not show up in your Outlook Sent box. It is the reason the BCC was added so users could send yourself a copy of the emails. The Top Right corner of the Send email program has a BCC Self Option"

IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Re: smtp sent mail should be in outlook?
Reply #2 - 06/22/22 at 05:10:31

Thank you very much!  That is what I assumed.    

I do have another question about BCC.
The default email that one sets up in Settings>US>custom >email  works great when when sending real docs.... unless you later modify the BCC address or add another email address in SO-F etc
I have not been successful changing the BCC address or adding to it at the point of sending the docs.  It looks as though it can be changed at the last minute when you are actually about to send the email.   But if you change the BCC email at this point in time it doesn't work.   The new BCC doesn't get the email.   So I tried adding an  additional email address to the default bcc but that doesnt work either.

So I think you are forever stuck with whatever BCC default you set up  Settings>US>custom.   Is that correct?
Thanks,
Laura  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print