Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PS-G questions? (Read 1373 times)
Laura Oliver

PS-G questions?
08/17/22 at 12:24:01

PS-G questions
1.  Does the admin user always have all the programs?    I see 19 pages
2.  Is there a faster way to give a single user all the programs.  I have been adding them one at a time thru PS-G.
3.  Is there an easy way to see what admin has that I do not?  right now I am comparing the reports in PS-E
4.  How do I make sure the newly added reports line up alphabetically.  Some of mine are out of order.

For future reference.  Two users with the same name .....WARNING.  DANGER.  
I added a program to my menu.  I exited EVO, reentered and still couldn't find it.   PS-F confirmed that Admin and I both had the program, but i couldn't find it?  I had already successfully added several programs to others and my menu so I was stumped. So recklessly I added the program again in PS-G.   BAD IDEA!!!!   After exiting EVO i could not log back into EVO.  I got an error message saying my menu was corrupt.     I went to Tom's  workstation and went to PS-G in his name and saw that there were now two users named Laura's.  Neither Laura showed any menu.  All the other users still had their menu..  I held my breath and deleted the top Laura.   After deleting the top LAURA there was only was user named Laura and now all the menu could be seen.  I went back upstairs and was able to log in to EVO under my name. All is well now and I can now see the program i couldn't earlier.  

Quote from prophet on 04/07/17 at 13:18:45:
1. Go into PS-G.
2. Choose the users menu and click the Edit User button.
3. Under the Group Button list choose Queries.
4. Then under the Menu Button choose SU.
5. Then select the Menu Lines tab.
6. Add a line in the New menu.
7. Under the Existing Menu Item: look for SUC  &C Forms Editor.
8. Click on the red left arrow button to add it to the New menu.
9. Save it.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
prophet

Re: PS-G questions?
Reply #1 - 08/18/22 at 06:01:58

First of all for the "ADMIN" user it only has to exist in PS-A. It does not need to be in PS-G. So if there is a User called "ADMIN" in PS-G you can delete it. When someone logs in as "ADMIN" the system already asings a menu for it. It's programed that way.  

1.  Does the admin user always have all the programs?    I see 19 pages ADMIN should have all the programs(as i stated above I would delete the admin menu if there is one in PS-G)
2.  Is there a faster way to give a single user all the programs.  I have been adding them one at a time thru PS-G. A faster way to give a user al the programs is to simply delete that users menu in PS-G then then choose the add a user, enter the users login and in the copy user enter admin. That will give the user all the programs the admin has in the system. All you need to do then is simply edit that user and remove what you don't want them to have.
3.  Is there an easy way to see what admin has that I do not?  right now I am comparing the reports in PS-EPS-E is a good report you can also go to www.istechsupport.com then go to the resources link and download the EVO menu, which is all the programs Admin has.  
4.  How do I make sure the newly added reports line up alphabetically.  Some of mine are out of order.Delete that user, then add a user enter the user login in and copy it from Admin. Then edit that user and remove what you don't want. Its always easier to remove programs then to add programs.

IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Re: PS-G questions?
Reply #2 - 08/19/22 at 08:16:31

Thank you!

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com