Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 05:05:56
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is AR-M acting correctly? (Read 97 times)
Laura Oliver

Is AR-M acting correctly?
02/04/23 at 12:20:23

I issued a customer refund check  in Sept .  I think I used AR-M but I cant remember for sure.  

A customer paid COD and then accidentally again two months later.  My helper didn't follow the rules and sent the deposit to the bank before she  posted the payment to EVO.  If she had  followed that rule the check would have been returned to the customer and never deposited.   But she didn't,  and as a result the customer has a $1295 overpay on their account.    

I think I used AR-M to create the check but I really can't remember.  But now I find a lot of crazy things.

1. AR-F Aging is correct with a zero balance, but the statement shows a $2590.00 credit.  This is double and it should be zero.  
2. AR-R  does not show  the second check being deposit.  I assume AR-R showed both checks before I tried to make the correction
3.  CD journal has the Accounts Receivable GL account as a result of this.  First time in 25 yrs of DBA/EVO have I ever seen an ACCTs Rec activity on the Cash Disbursement Journal.  Is this correct?
4. BKGLTRAN has two legs (both CD)  a debit to the accts rec and a credit to the Bank account from which the refund check was issued,

How can I figure out how I created the customer refund check?  
Any and all help appreciated.
Thanks
Laura

I think i can fix my statement to match the correct aging but I would rather wait and see if sometime of reversal would fix everything and then a re-do/

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print