Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Computer crash (Read 1124 times)
TimO
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Computer crash
08/29/23 at 16:10:19

Up until this morning we were running DBA classic in a peer to peer environment. The computer with the data base on it crashed and all that we have is 1 day old backup of the default folder. I found a backup of the DBA folder but it is from 2014. There should be a backup dated 2022 since that was when we did the last update. No luck yet. We were running Pervasive14. Is there any way we can recover from this?

IP Logged
TimO
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Re: Computer crash
Reply #1 - 08/29/23 at 16:13:27

We bought a new computer (windows 11 - yuck). I installed the 2002.4 version of DBA but that's as far as I got.

IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Reply #2 - 08/30/23 at 18:57:05

I don't thing is a good idea to buy a windows client to work as a server to host DBA/EVO
You are going to have issues. You should buy a server. DBA/EVO is a server side ERP

Also, if you call a mayor dealer or Microsoft itself they will literally force you to buy the lattes an greatest Windows Server
No need. You can go to E-Bay or Amazon and buy an older Windows OS Server. It will work just fine.  
It must be a compatible version for your Pervasive (Zen) Version

Have fun,

Kelloggs
 Wink

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
TimO
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Reply #3 - 11/03/23 at 14:23:12

I forgot to post an update here. With alot of help from Lynn we have been up and running for over a month. We were down for about 3 days before getting one PC running. About 2 weeks later Lynn helped resolve some credentials and sharing issues. We are only running evo now and are trying to manage the learning curve.  
We now have a problem with GL-B. When adding a transaction the transaction number remains at 0 even though the default 'next' number is 419. I rentered the default as a 6 digit number with leading 0's but that made no difference. We can't add another transaction because the program thinks we are adding the transaction '0' even though it was posted through GL-O.
We are running version 2022.1 and it might be that upgrading to the current version will solve this problem.
Any ideas?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print