Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 09:55:59
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Inventory Status-Active vs Inactive (Read 846 times)
tcook

Inventory Status-Active vs Inactive
02/10/03 at 14:49:59

Is it possible to add  inventory status (Active: Y or N) on the Inventory Inquiry (IN-A) screen?  And then be able to sort by this field when printing Inventory Value reports (IN-F).

Tara Cook
APA, Inc.

Tara Cook
APA, Inc.

EVO-ERP2005.1(40 users) w/IS Tech update 12/21/08
Windows 2003
Pervasive V9.0
  IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Ex Member

Re: Inventory Status-Active vs Inactive
Reply #1 - 02/10/03 at 16:15:52

Anything (well, almost...) is possible.  I will add this to the wish list.  

There are a number of things I would like to do wth the Active/Inactive flag including a setting called Obsolete that would prohibit using on a BOM or entering a PO or SO - make the part truly there for historical reference only and no further activity allowed.

Lynn Pantic

IP Logged
Chris@Highlight
Ex Member

Re: Inventory Status-Active vs Inactive
Reply #2 - 03/08/03 at 10:03:55

Just some thoughts if you are considering a change of the Active field away from boolean.  Years back when I wrote integrated systems (instead of used them), we laid out item status as follows:

New -- Status until added to a BOM or activity was posted
Active -- Currently active
Inactive -- "Back burner"
Phase-out -- Not allowed to add to a standard BOM but could stay on existing BOM.  You could still purchase the item, but it would remind user that it was being phased out and display substitute. If it was a finished good, it may go on Sales order but only up to quantity on hand (and pop up message with intended substitute). Gives you ability to "close the gate". (Not as big a deal with small companies)
Obsolete -- Not allowed on any current WO BOM or Sales Order (Archived)

We had month-end process that would check the last activity date and recommend Inventory Control staff how to handle.
No activity for x days->Inactive
No activity for xx days->Phase out
No activity for xxx days->Obsolete

Keep up the great work Lynn!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print