Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/02/24 at 21:55:44
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Btreive error 3105 over a VPN (Read 1646 times)
fhcinc
Browser

I love XEF v.01 -
SP2!

Btreive error 3105 over a VPN
04/02/03 at 08:52:15

I spoke to someone almost a week ago about remote access through a VPN at DBA Support.

He was going to talk to his 'btreive expert'.   I have never heard back from him.

My issue:

I have a T1 Hardware VPN set up from Maine to PA and from Maine to Germany.

Desktop PC can access and run DBA just fine over the VPN.  2 laptops... one in PA (Dell with XP)  and one in Germany(Sony with XP) get this error message right after the DBA splash screen.  XP Desktops, and a few laptops with 2K work fine over the VPN)

An error occured trying to load Btreive :  error 3105

I really need help on this.

Thanks
Brian Breton
IT Manager
FHC Inc

Brian Breton
I.T. Manager
FHC Inc
DBA 2002.3 (25 user - lifetime)
WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Btreive error 3105 over a VPN
Reply #1 - 04/02/03 at 09:58:42

3105: No available transport protocol for the Pervasive Network Services Layer  
No transport protocol that is common to both the target server engine and clients is available. For example, this status code could be caused by a client using SPX when the server engine only has TCP/IP available. Check the Supported protocols setting within the Communication protocols option for both the client and server. For more information on Communication protocols, refer to the Pervasive.SQL Advanced Operations Guide.  

From the Pervasive documentation for 3105.  

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
fhcinc
Browser

I love XEF v.01 -
SP2!

Reply #2 - 04/02/03 at 12:55:58

Thanks Lynn,

The odd thing is... one laptop is here today.... and it loads DBA just fine here.  Put it on the VPN and it won't but others will.  Guess I'll call the Pervasive folks.  

Thanks again!

Brian Breton
I.T. Manager
FHC Inc
DBA 2002.3 (25 user - lifetime)
WWW   IP Logged
dameng

DBA / EVO Software
Consultant

Reply #3 - 04/10/03 at 17:07:37

two options for you to do. in the Pervasive Control Center on the main server, in configuration | Server | communication protocols | set the listen ip address to that of the primary ip address of the server. apply the changes and stop/restart the pervasive services.  you could also turn on multihome and try that option as well. the workstations on the vpn need to run thru tcp port 3351 for btrieve services. configure any firewall to allow pervasive thru on the lan. call me if you have any trouble

Dave Mengelkamp
Digital Consulting
davemeng@earthlink.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print