Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/06/24 at 14:48:04
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Inter company Transfer of Inventory (Read 1191 times)
HB

I love DBA

Inter company Transfer of Inventory
05/08/03 at 10:24:01

We have two warehouses, one on the east coast and one on the west coast. All production is done on the east coast and we are transferring inventory items  (finished goods) to the west coast warehouse frequently. Is there a proper way within DBA to do this without generating a salesorder, which would affect inventory and sales statistics. We like to keep a record of these transactions and also need to attach comments sometimes.

Helmut Bode
General Pencil Co.
DBA Classic 2004.1 w/IS Tech update 7/25/13
EVO-ERP
Pervasive 11
Win2008 Server
Terminal Server
12 Users
Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Inter company Transfer of Inventory
Reply #1 - 05/08/03 at 10:38:52

Do you have the 2 warehouses set up as Inventory Locatins in DBA?  If so, you would use IN-L-J for the transfer.  I am working on some improvements to IN-L-J to allow transferring a list of items and generate some sort of packing slip type document.  Any feedback as to how you would like to see it work is welcome.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
HB

I love DBA

Reply #2 - 05/08/03 at 12:04:15

I used to use that, but there is no way to enter a series of items and then print a document like the packing slip.  
It should work as a transfer only without affecting overall inventory levels and allow to enter comment lines like in a sales order. I used transfer to a dummy location and report on that location to see what orders were there to be transferred. Once the transfer took place, i moved the items from the dummy location to the correct warehouse location.
Ideally it should affect the generation of workorders for inventory shortages when a request to transfer is entered. A print out on a packingslip like document would be perfect.

Helmut Bode
General Pencil Co.
DBA Classic 2004.1 w/IS Tech update 7/25/13
EVO-ERP
Pervasive 11
Win2008 Server
Terminal Server
12 Users
Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 05/08/03 at 12:37:37

The latest IS Tech SUpport update includes IN-D Reorder Report by Location so you can use that to get the shortages at a given location.  Sounds like that plus the enhancement I am working on for a list of items to be transferred and a packing slip type document would go a long way towards getting you what you need.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #4 - 05/08/03 at 12:55:51

Not to be a pain, but....

Sounds like one of the MANY functionalities I had designed in to a proposed new module for DBA which I had thought of calling DBA Shippers or some such.

A truly centralized method of managing shipping and transfers and packing slips and B.o.L's, and customs documents and number of pieces, boxes, pallets, etc.

I have created the full specification for this for development, but there was a thunderous lack of interest when I proposed it to the group.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Karen Mason

Ain't life grand!?!

Reply #5 - 05/08/03 at 15:54:50

Well, the group is growing...

Consider floating it out there again sometime.  Now may not be good because of the economic conditions.

Karen Mason, Vice President
Bula Forge & Machine, Inc.
1-60# forgings, machining, & assembly
Cleveland, OH
Tel:216-252-7600 Fax:216-252-7601 www.bulaforge.com
EVO-ERP 09/16/09 SP2
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print