Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 07:18:17
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Converting Sales orders to Work Orders (Read 809 times)
nicknails

Converting Sales orders to Work Orders
11/14/03 at 09:17:37

I have DBA 2002.4 installed on all my workstations and I am having problems when I convert from a sales order to a work order.  It asks me for the start date, and the finish date is pulled from the sales order.  This part is fine.  Problem is when it actually converts, it changes my Start Date to match the finish date.  It's causing errors because it's doing transactions before the start date, etc, etc.  I even had a couple work orders disappear, which may or may not be another problem.  Has this issue been resolved?  Does anyone else have this problem?

Nick Naylor
American Power Design
3 Industrial Drive Unit 6
Windham, NH 03087

(603)-894-4446

nick@apowerdesign.com
WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Converting Sales orders to Work Orders
Reply #1 - 11/14/03 at 09:24:03

Check your Work Order Defaults and also be careful how you answer the question about using the lead time for start date.  If you have Lead Time Scheduling set to B (for Backwards) in Work Order Defaults, then the program takes your need date (Sales Order Ship Date) and calculates a start date based on work order quantity, Routing time standards and work center shift hours/day.  If you don't have Routing time standards set up, this would result in 0 time and a start date equal to the finish date.  You should have Lead Time Scheduling set to N if you don't have routing standards developed.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
nicknails

Reply #2 - 11/18/03 at 11:43:28

Unfortunately, I had no luck with that.  It was originally blank and I changed it to N, but the same exact thing happens.  I have no lead time information set up in my parts or anything like that.  I think it might have something to do with 2002.4, which I installed recently.  Any more thoughts or ideas on how to fix this?

This is the error I get:

« Last Edit: 11/18/03 at 12:50:48 by nicknails »  

Nick Naylor
American Power Design
3 Industrial Drive Unit 6
Windham, NH 03087

(603)-894-4446

nick@apowerdesign.com
WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 11/18/03 at 14:15:00

Sounds like you have 2002.4 with no supplemental patches.  There was a bug with SO-N using the backwards lead time scheduling regardless of the default setting.  There is a DBA patch available on their site, or you can subscribe to IS Tech Support and get all the DBA patches plus the IS Tech enhancements.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
perrinmfg
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 11/18/03 at 14:18:23

I had a very similar problem after upgrading to 2002.4 only my problem occurred in WO-K-C.  As I recall, there was an error in the update that caused DBA to use lead-time scheduling regardless what the user selected.  Lynn emailed me a patch for the problem several months ago.  If you email me at markdunn@perrinmfg, I'll send you the patch.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print