Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/07/24 at 10:47:22
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
printing financial reports to pdf (Read 1116 times)
adi
Browser

printing financial reports to pdf
11/18/03 at 14:31:43

I am having trouble printing balance sheet to pdf file.  I have no problem printing an order acknowledgement to pdf but the financial report acts strange - when it asks me to name the file I want to save nothing happens until I close out the report screen- and finally prints but it is a blank screen.  Actually it appears that the SO module has no problem prining to PDF but none of the others seem to be able to.  Any suggestions?

FYI on DBA version 2002.4 ISTech 00.1 dated 11/04/03

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: printing financial reports to pdf
Reply #1 - 11/18/03 at 15:12:38

If you are using the TAS 6 Evolution to print to PDF, it only works for RTM forms, not text reports.  If you are using Adobe or some other PDF creator, it may still be the difference between the graphical RTM forms and text based reports.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
adi
Browser

Reply #2 - 11/19/03 at 04:29:41

I am using Adobe so, do I understand that to mean I can't print to pdf from text reports or is there something I can do to allow that?

IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #3 - 11/19/03 at 08:54:47

Look in the archives under "General DBA " and see Cyndee's response to my 10-13-2003 question  "xfer quote to diskette"  

Cyndees suggestion was great and has allowed us to print everything (so far) to a PDF file.

Hope this helps.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Reply #4 - 11/19/03 at 10:34:56

We use the Adobe Acrobat printer drivers to print Text reports. We use the "PDF Writer" for text-based reports and "Acrobat Distiller" for graphical forms. I send PDF financials to my accountant every two weeks and have never had a problem.

Try not printing from the "Print to Screen" mode. That is, when it asks you where to print, select "Printer", then the Adobe PDF Writer.

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
adi
Browser

Reply #5 - 11/19/03 at 19:16:40

thanks to david, laura and cyndee... I will look into cyndees response re print to diskette but think david's advise is what I am looking for...just need to print financials to an emailable format for the accountant!  again, thanks for the info as i am rather illiterate when it comes to computers but with everyone's help I seem to learn something new everyday...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print