Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/17/24 at 02:31:52
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
deleting traces of a past company (Read 2078 times)
stl3370

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

deleting traces of a past company
12/18/03 at 12:13:52

Using Evo with latest update.

Occasionally, I create test companies that I copy from our live data to play with new features.  I deleted one of these companies, but now I occasionally get error messages in Evo.  For example, when I try to change companies, I get the message "Cannot open the BKSYMSTR file for company B98."  And then it functions okay.  The company code does not appear in Create/Delete Company and I have recreated the DDF files several times.  There must be traces of this company code somewhere.  Does anyone know where to look?

Thanks,
Sean
Leybold Optics

WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: deleting traces of a past company
Reply #1 - 12/18/03 at 14:44:02

Download the file from http://www.istechsupport.com/datadict.asp and follow the instructions to clear the residue of the deleted company.  You will also need to do this when creating a new company - create it using the old TAS 5 DBA menu, then reinstall the downloaded files and rebuild the TAS 6 dictionary.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
stl3370

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 12/19/03 at 15:30:15

Thanks, Lynn.

Sean

WWW   IP Logged
stl3370

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 01/03/04 at 19:28:38

Tried this today as I was getting the system ready for the new year.  But when I get to running TAS6EVO from the server, I have the following problem.  The license screen comes up fine, then I get the following error:  "A record was not found in FILELOC for file BKSYMSTR.B -2.  The must be a record for each file opened."  I then get a file open error for BKSYMSTR and Evo does not start.  Does anyone know what I should try now?

Thanks,
Sean

WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #4 - 01/04/04 at 10:13:44

Is FILELOC.B located in the DBAMFG folder?  Does EVO load OK from your workstation still?

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
stl3370

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 01/04/04 at 15:37:11

Yes, FILELOC.B is in the DBAMFG folder and I get the same error message from a workstation.

WWW   IP Logged
stl3370

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 01/05/04 at 13:06:19

Found the answer in an old e-mail.  Had to modify the taspro6.ini to call WTASCVTDICT.RWN instead of DBAMENU_FLEX.RWN.  Utility ran fine.  Switched tas6pro.ini back and we're up and running with Evo again.

Thanks,
Sean

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print