Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/19/24 at 03:23:25
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
companies will not change (Read 535 times)
heliosquare

companies will not change
01/09/04 at 10:56:59

We just upgraded to 2002.4 and all seems to be working ok except for one small detail.  Our company name appears at the top of the screen as it should but when I go to File > Change Company the only option listed is the test company [99].  All of our data is in tact.  Maintain database shows our default data as well as the .99 files.  I created a new company based on the .99 company and it shows up in the Change Company list.  However, when I choose the new company it still displays our company name on the top of the screen and the data accessed is our default data.  Any ideas what is going on?  Thanks.

WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: companies will not change
Reply #1 - 01/09/04 at 11:52:27

Whenever you create a new company, you need to go to PS-C and give yourself access to it before you can change to it.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
heliosquare

Reply #2 - 01/12/04 at 11:14:34

ok, got that resolved but had to create a whole new user/password.  what is the point of File > Change Company if you have to exit the program and log in as a different user in order to change companies?

WWW   IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #3 - 01/12/04 at 11:28:22

You don't. You just give the users that need access to the second company access in PS-C. The still maintain access to the main company. So you should see those users twice. Once with the main company (probably blank company code for the default company) and once for the new company.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print