Send Topic Print
AP-F Invoices Missing (Read 1274 times)
usc
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

AP-F Invoices Missing
04/20/04 at 13:09:36

Last Friday, 7 vendor invoices were input into DBA. Today we went to select them for payment thru AP-F and we get message, 'Vendor has no open invoices'. At the time of invoice input, there were no error messages.  
Looking thru PO receipts and inventory transactions, there are records of each receipt. But today, open invoices do not appear in vendor aging report and of course, they are not selectable for payment. Ran PO-I-F PO Receipts not invoiced and nothing appears for these 7 invoices.
Any ideas what I should look for or possible solutions to this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Greg

IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Re: AP-F Invoices Missing
Reply #1 - 04/20/04 at 13:53:47

Check in BKAPHPO in Maintain DB and see if you can find the PO numbers. Check to see what the Actual Received date field shows. Bet you it was received to a wrong date..... Wink

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 04/20/04 at 14:16:31

What version are you on?  I know there was at one time a "mystery bug" causing AP invoices to vanish.  I have not had any reports of it in quite a while so it would appear to be fixed, at least in the latest IS Tech Version.  Unfortunately, it is not anything we ever put our finger on and actively fixed, but some change to AP-C somewhere along the way seems to have cured it.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
usc
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 04/20/04 at 14:35:13

Thanks for the replies.

We are running version # 2002.4 7/15/03.

Looking @ record BKAPHPO, the dates listed under BKAP_PO_ISMCDT are 4/14/04 & 4/15/04 like appears in inventory transaction listings. I trust this is the correct field for receipt dates.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Greg

IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Reply #4 - 04/20/04 at 14:37:22

Actually the date would be in the ACT_REC date field.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 04/20/04 at 17:16:18

If you look in BKAPINVT and the invoices are not there, but look at GL-D, Purchases journal for the day they were invoiced and you have the GL Posting proving you did enter them, then it sounds like another instance of the vanishing invoices.  And if you are on 2002.4 with the 7/15/03 patch, that is the latest DBA version so the mystery bug appears to be still with you.  

You can use AP-B and put them back in as Beginning Balance vouchers to get them on the aging so you can pay them without hitting the GL.  And of course, I encourage you to join IS Tech Support but, in this particular instance, I can only say that something we may have done to AP-C in the past year seems to have fixed this problem.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
emaat
Browser

Reply #6 - 04/22/04 at 16:15:34

We just had this problem for the first time on a single invoice. It showed up in the GL, but would not allow an invoice to be posted since the system could not find a receiver.  

I plan to correct the problem as recommended by Lynn, but hoepfully the problem can be found and corrected.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #7 - 04/22/04 at 16:37:15

Actually, Eric, you are describing a different problem, one covered in a different thread and one which is definitely still with us but so sporadic we can't isolate the cause.  Your problem is, you received a PO and then went to apply the invoice and AP-C said there were no receivers.  There are a couple of other threads on this topic, sometimes it is the dates entered in AP-C but there are enough instances that the dates are not the issue that there is something else going on.  In this case, the solution is to use a regular voucher in AP-B and post the GL distribution to the PO/RNI account, then manually close the PO.

The original post on this thread related to invoices that were entered fine in AP-C but then a week later had disappeared from the aging and could not be picked to pay.  That is a different issue and one that seems to be fixed in the current IS Tech version.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #8 - 04/23/04 at 10:41:55

Back when we first started using DBA Accounting and Purchasing in earnest ( June 2002) we were having similar problems with DBA saying there were no receivers when we knew there were  and the dates were right.  We were also having problems with taxes being properly applied.  We discovered that setting the PO default "track PO taxes using tax groups" to yes was the culprit for the tax problem, and I believe our other problems seemed to clear up also when we set it to N.  I'll admit my memory is a bit hazy on everything that changed, but we don't ever seem to have the missing receiver problem any more.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print