Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/25/24 at 17:07:15
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Workstation Login Problem (Read 2177 times)
kim
Browser

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Workstation Login Problem
10/09/04 at 12:54:26

We have just installed Ezijobz 2003.0.1 Build 103 on our Windows 2000 Server (SP4), set up a few test users and can log in to the system as any user at the server, but not at any workstation (Windows 2000 or Windows 98SE).  The consultant who installed the software contacted Ezijobz tech support and they sent a password fix tool - sme_cp_utility.exe - which lets us reset the password, but this did not help.  He de-installed and reinstalled the program, still no help.  Workstations get this message: You have entered either the wrong username or password.  The consultant loaded the program on his laptop, ported the existing databases over, and was able to logon with no problem.  

We also run a timeclock program that uses MSSQLServer - I am wondering if we have compatibility issues between it and Firebird.  

I have repaired the Active Directory, per MSKB 329887, just in case it had become corrupted, and that did not help.  

I have given full access to the program files to the test users, experimented with their permissions (even up to domain admins) with no help.  

Does anyone have any suggestions?  We are desperate.  Thanks!

IP Logged
aricon

Systems
Consulting-See
website for
products!

Re: Workstation Login Problem
Reply #1 - 10/11/04 at 10:20:21

I had the same problem with my original install on the server where I have a SQL instance. Created a virtual drive and put EJ on there....that seemed to work.

Sincerely,

Lorne Rogers
President
Aria Consulting & Implementers Ltd.
Phone: (780) 471-1430
Fax: (780) 471-4918
E-mail: lrogers@ariaconsulting.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Mike Hart
Browser

Reply #2 - 10/13/04 at 07:19:38

I've passed along the text of your message as well as Lorne's response to our support department so that they are aware of this isue.

The way our tech ticket system works, a ticket stays open until the situation is resolved.  So, if your consultant submitted a ticket and the recommended fix didn't work, he or she should send the ticket right back.  

This is a very good follow-up system that ensures nothing falls through the cracks.  In fact, we just changed our policy and are now requiring that consultants submit tickets through their customer's account instead of directly so that each customer has a complete ticket history of all their incidents.

To my knowledge, we've got all DBA Next-Gen installations up and runnign across all kindsof environments, so I'm sure if you work through the system they'll get it going for you.

Mike Hart

P.S. Because so many DBA Classic customers are starting to experiment with DBA Next-Gen, we have a special 18-month support subscription available right now ($495) that lets you submit tech tickets and attend live web classes -- and it covers support for DBA Classic as well.  Regardless of which product you use, we urge all DBA customers to take advantage of this support program, which through broad partipation lowers the cost for all.  

Mike Hart
President
DBA Software Inc.
WWW   IP Logged
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Reply #3 - 10/13/04 at 11:28:23

OR you can keep your $495.00 and continue to use this  forum for FREE  Grin.

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
kevind

I was more than
willing to
"pony up",
how b'out U?

Reply #4 - 10/14/04 at 09:53:03

... But, Please at least subscribe to $35 a month.   Wink

KEEP THE IMPROVEMENTS COMMING !!!!!!!!!!    Grin Grin Grin

Kevin Damke
Spectronics Corporation