News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OUTSTANDING PROBLEMS (Read 655 times)
Danimal

OUTSTANDING PROBLEMS
11/11/04 at 09:17:20

I sent this email two weeks ago, yet to receive a response.  Hoping to solicit a response by posting it here, if not at the least make other users and ISTS members aware of the problems that we have encountered with the program enhancements.

----- ORIGINAL MESSAGE -----

To:  Lynn Pantic <lynn@istechsupport.com>
Subject:  Outstanding Problems
Date:  28 Oct 2004 12:25:35 -0500  

Lynn -

Here is a list of the problems we have encountered with the DBA enhancement programs:

#1 => AR-M Enter Customer Refund [T6ARM.RUN]:  Upon completing the form a window appears ("Exit this Vendor without saving the information?" with Yes/No buttons).  Although it offers two options, the dialog box won't disappear until "Yes" is clicked, thus not allowing the program to continue and closes.  Our bookkeeper must enter into DBA, where this error doesn't exist.  (Sent you email on 2/2/2004)

#2 => SO-C Print Packing Lists [T6SOC.RUN]:  In Evo, packing slips will not print customer part numbers under our part number, and when "Print Comments after Shipped Items?" is selected ("Y") on the SO-C screen, comments and customer part numbers are printed for all items, even those belonging to previously released parts/lines.  Noticed that the latest revision to the screen was in March of 2004, so figured something must have changed since our last update to cause this problem.  DBA is not affected by this problem.  (Sent you email on 6/29/2004)

#3 => AR-A Enter Customers [T6ARA.RUN]:  In the  opening screen, the numbers are given preference to symbols.  Case and point: our ship to customer codes begin with a "#".  When entering the screen and pressing SHIFT-3 (for "#"), the screen skips to the first customer with a "3".  However, since we have no customer codes beginning with "8", but do have them beginning with "*" (asterisk)... when we press SHIFT-8, we get the first customer code beginning with an asterisk.  Kind of a problem when we have numerous ship-to customer codes that begin with a pound sign.  This anomaly is not apparent in regular DBA.  (Posted to forum on 7/9/2004)

#4 => PO-B Print Purchase Orders [T6POB.RUN]:  The screen for Evolution will not print the specifications along with the line item detail on the purchase order.  We use this field to enter the vendor's quote number with the item so me may receive the appropriate discount, and needs to appear on the PO.  Checked in DBA and does work.  (Posted to forum on 7/12/2004)

New Issues...

#5 => SO-C Print Packing Lists [T6SOC.RUN]:  The "Y/N" option boxes at the bottom of the screen are not aligned properly with their respective description, they are all raised one line.  Makes this a bit confusing when changing options.

#6 => SD-Q ISTS Defaults [T6SDQ.RUN]:  When entering the screen previously, I believe that it prompted the user when others were logged in, and would open the screen as view-only.  Now you can jump right into the screen and every user is locked out of other programs because the MKAHIST file is locked.

Reference the attached screenshots, corresponding to their programs, for clarity.  I have workarounds in place for items 1, 2, & 4 (and 5), which I must perform again as I had just installed your most recent (10/8/2004) enhancement update and they were overridden.  Please advise as to when these problems will be fixed.

Regards,

Email   IP Logged
JEMM
Administrator

In two days from
now, tomorrow will
be yesterday.

Re: OUTSTANDING PROBLEMS
Reply #1 - 11/11/04 at 14:38:35

Hi Dan,

#2, #5, and #6 have been fixed and should be in the next post.  #4 is unconfirmed since we are having difficulties duplicating the bug.  #1 and #3 have been confirmed and we are working on trying to solve the problem.

Mike

Mike
ISTechSupport
Email   IP Logged
Danimal

Reply #2 - 11/12/04 at 07:53:40

Mike -

Thanks for the responsive reply, it is much appreciated.  I will provide you some more detail later regarding #4 to help you duplicate the problem.

Email   IP Logged
Danimal

Reply #3 - 12/17/04 at 13:34:35

Quote from JEMM   on 11/11/04 at 14:38:35:
#2, #5, and #6 have been fixed and should be in the next post.

Problem #2 (printing customer part number on packing lists) was NOT fixed with the most recent updates (12/14/2004), I was forced to revert to the old version yet again.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print