Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/17/24 at 00:57:10
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First payroll of new quarter (Read 908 times)
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

First payroll of new quarter
04/07/05 at 05:54:13

When we went to print the first payroll of this new quarter, DBA asked us to clear out the quarterly history, which is fine and we did that. Then we printed the checks (stubs, we are 100% DD) and clicked the SAVE button. The checks did not save (you can see them roll through as they save) and PR-I shows nothing for  our payroll dated tomorrow. I looked at the BKPRHIST file and it still has the date for yesterday, even though I have tried to print the checks again today. And, yes, it lets me go through the check printing process again, even though I have printed them already. Everything has been fine with Payroll since we reloaded the old PR-A, until we ran the routine that cleared out the quarterly history.

I need this fixed today. Is there an old version that I can fall back to, and what .RUN files do I need?

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
David Waldmann

Live to work, or
work to live?

Re: First payroll of new quarter
Reply #1 - 04/07/05 at 07:14:19

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago (nothing to do with end of quarter). I tried reverting to an earlier version, to no avail. Lynn worked up a couple of fixes, also no go. I went into my "sandbox" company (copy of my real data) and it worked fine.

What I ended up doing was deleting all the pay records, entering the following week (because I didn't find out the problem until we were entering the next weeks payroll), which did update the records. Then I went back and re-entered the missing one.

BTW, we also have everyone on Direct Deposit. Does that help Lynn?

David N Waldmann
President
Vermont Hardwoods
Chester, VT

Evo-ERP, 5 user
IST Build: 3/4/19, patched 04/30/19
Pervasive v11.31
Server 2012 / Win10 x64
Crystal Reports v11
Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #2 - 04/07/05 at 07:20:54

Wow. I sure don't want to tell our HR coordinator that she has to reenter old payroll data for 65 people  embarrassed

Upper management is already grumpy with me over DBA payroll and DBA in general. Admittedly, most of our problems are self-inflicted, but this is the second payroll problem we've had with the 2/22/05 update.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 04/07/05 at 11:20:35

In case anybody else runs into this, it was data related.  I got a copy of the payroll files and duplicated the problem.  Then used UT-C and reindexed the BKPRCURP file and then it posted.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
RB
Browser

New at DBA

Reply #4 - 08/14/05 at 21:21:53

we have a backlog of data that needs to be entered for one employee. it dates back to 29/10/04. however the system wont let me enter it as it considers that date a new quarter. is there a way to get it in there? or do i leave it and work with this quarter only?

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print