Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/17/24 at 02:10:42
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Classic buggy after update (Read 1374 times)
deburr

Classic buggy after update
10/06/05 at 10:30:11

We have gone from years of rock solid DBA to very buggy since the last update. We are experiencing many error messages in different parts of the program since the update. While I was writing this e-mail the server crashed. Anybody else having problems or is it just me?

Steve

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
tgoodson

Re: Classic buggy after update
Reply #1 - 10/06/05 at 10:35:30

Are you talking about the 6/20/05 update or the 9/25/05? I had a few problems with the 6/20/05 update and I am waiting awhile for this one. While I really want to check out the S/R portion that was added, I am waiting to see what sort of things shake out of this one.

Tommy Goodson
Zyntech Systems, Ltd.
Manufacturer of Fuel Control Equipment
http://www.zyntechsystems.com
Evo-ERP 2007.1 05/25/09 update
installed 06/01/09
Email WWW   IP Logged
deburr

Reply #2 - 10/07/05 at 03:31:16

9/25 update. strange things are happening that seem to somehow be tied to specific logons. Two different logons with identical settings (but created at different dates), create different results in the same program using the same keystrokes. Very wierd. I will try to document exact keystroke sequences and report to Lynn.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 10/07/05 at 16:27:25

Remember that many programs have a "Save Settings" button that can be used to save different default settings in a program by user - maybe they have selected different settings.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
deburr

Reply #4 - 10/10/05 at 06:31:17

I have spotted what is different for the problem logon. After watching the user log on, I found that he was closing the opening screen "press any key to continue" by mousing clicking the X in the upper right hand corner of that window. This would allow him to continue but would have various effects in different parts of the program. After correcting his technique and actually pressing any key to continue as the screen requests, the strange program behaviors went away. I saw him do this previously but since it allowed him to continue, I didn't think it would affect the programs.

Back to Rock Solid DBA!

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 10/10/05 at 10:53:46

Yes, closing that license screen in Classic by clicking the "X" makes all sorts of strange things happen.  That is nothing new with the 9/25 update, has always been that way.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print