Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/19/24 at 01:41:46
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trouble connecting to database (Read 856 times)
sfossum
Browser

Trouble connecting to database
05/17/06 at 13:10:31

I moved my DBA database to a temporary directory, reinstalled DBA than moved the database back to the original directory.  Crystal will no longer automatically connect to the database on my reports that have been working fine.  I either have to log onto the server manually after receiving an error message or log on before trying to open the report.  I've tried "verifying" but that didn't help.  DBA itself works fine.

I'm currently using Crystal Pro version 10 and Pervasive SQL 2000i.

IP Logged
JNAPIER

Evil-Evo Bad Dog!

Re: Trouble connecting to database
Reply #1 - 05/17/06 at 13:40:17

If you go to database set location in Crystal, does it have the right path? Did you have crystal open when either the server was restarted or users disconnected from pervasive. If so closing and restarting crystal will reset the connection.

John

EVO-ERP, ISTS 3.27.08 , 2000I 10 user
Email WWW   IP Logged
sfossum
Browser

Reply #2 - 05/25/06 at 08:29:36

Thanks for your response.

When I first start Crystal and open the report, the Datasource Location indicates the DBA root directory (G:\DBAMFG\FIELD.DDF). When I ry to refresh the report data, I receive a series of message blocks (see below).  Each message requires that I click OK .

Failed to open a rowset.

Data Object cannot be opened/accessed.

Query Engine Error: 'Btrieve error status: 3012'

Data Object cannot be opened/accessed.
Details: cannot open file 10\BKICMSTR.B10

DBA and the Pervasive Server are virtually always running.  I never close it while using Crystal.

IP Logged
dameng

DBA / EVO Software
Consultant

Reply #3 - 06/22/06 at 15:43:50

the btrieve error 3012 is saying that the local engine is not accessible, - mainly because it thinks the btrieve microkernel router is not running on your server.

i suspect something was amiss, from your reinstall of dba. for normally one does NOT need to reinstall DBA. you can copy the entire DBAMFG directory and all it's files / folders if you were moving it to anoter server. by doing the reinstall, hopefully you applied ALL updates up to the same version, as to what your DATA was modified with.

as far as the error. make sure your Mapped drive on your workstation matches what you show for the Datasource location in your report. i suspect that might be now different.

also, since you are using the DBAMFG root directory DDF's, for your report, instead of the ODBC, i suggest you REBUILD your DDF's. go into DBA, utilities, run UT-J Generate DDF files.

since you did do a reinstall of DBA, hopefully you created the B10 company before you just Copied your data files over. because DBA needs to know that the 10 company exists, and what folder it is in. if that is proper, the UT-J rebuild DDF's will reflect that.

dave

Dave Mengelkamp
Digital Consulting
davemeng@earthlink.net
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print