Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/08/24 at 16:57:24
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Updating to newer runtime ... (Read 5030 times)
lgrover
Browser

Updating to newer runtime ...
06/04/07 at 10:55:47

Hi
I just ran the 5/1/07 update. Now half of our pc get "updating to newer runtime" message fallowed by "there is a misatching of EVO engines on this machine. Please re-run the workstation setup by running Start - Run, M:\Evoerp.exe M:\" message. Running workstation setup didn't help. We are running XP Pro Sp2 on all pc's and server 2003 std on the server. Can any one help me with this problem?
Thanks

IP Logged
kkmfg

Ghost of the code

Re: Updating to newer runtime ...
Reply #1 - 06/04/07 at 12:36:09

That happened to me on one machine. Seems like the thing to do is to manually copy the files from the network folder EvoERP is in to your local C:\ISTS folder. Here are the files I would transfer at a minimum:

EvoERP.exe
Tp7Runtime.exe

If that doesn't work and you don't need to keep your local settings you could delete the ISTS folder and rerun evo from the network and it should recreate your ISTS folder for you with the up to date runtime.

Anyway, that worked for me. I think I just basically copied over every file from the EvoERP folder that was also in the ISTS folder. But I think the above two files should be all you really need. YMMV.

Quote from lgrover on 06/04/07 at 10:55:47:
Hi
I just ran the 5/1/07 update. Now half of our pc get "updating to newer runtime" message fallowed by "there is a misatching of EVO engines on this machine. Please re-run the workstation setup by running Start - Run, M:\Evoerp.exe M:\" message. Running workstation setup didn't help. We are running XP Pro Sp2 on all pc's and server 2003 std on the server. Can any one help me with this problem?
Thanks

Collin
K & K Manufacturing, Inc

EvoERP Version 1-22-10 SP3
5 User Workgroup Pervasive 10
Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #2 - 06/04/07 at 13:36:13

I had to Start > Run "L:\evoerp.exe L:\" on every machine after the 5/1. Even though Evo would load and run fine if I cleared the errors, the error will pop up every time you run Evo until you grab the new runtime.

I don't think anything changed in the runtime except the date  Grin

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
lgrover
Browser

Reply #3 - 06/05/07 at 10:59:08

Hi
Thanks for the help.
What fixed the problem was deleting every thing in the local C:\ISTS folder and then coping Tp7Runtime.exe file from the dbamfg folder on the server to the local C:\ISTS folder.

IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #4 - 06/05/07 at 11:05:46

Note that when you delete everything in that folder the user then loses all personal settings for Evo.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
NovaZyg
Administrator

When all else
fails.. Read the
instructions.

Reply #5 - 06/05/07 at 11:25:53

When Evo loads it checks the dlls, evoerp and tp7runtime.exe to see if the date on the server is later then the one in the local c:\ists folder. If it is then the program copies the newer files to c:\ists. This way when we have updates you should only have to update the server copy and when users log in it will update their local programs. If you get the updating to newer runtime then that means we put out a new runtime. If you get there is a misatching of EVO engines then one of the files copied but not all. Copy evoerp.exe and Tp7runtime.exe from the server to the C:\ists folder manually and this will correct the error.  

Allen Landry
Evo~ERP

EvoERP and DBA Classic always Beta's of the Latest versions.

WWW   IP Logged
kkmfg

Ghost of the code

Reply #6 - 06/06/07 at 04:53:21

Quote from GasGiant on 06/05/07 at 11:05:46:
Note that when you delete everything in that folder the user then loses all personal settings for Evo.

Yeah, I did mention that when I suggested to delete the folder. Maybe it was in a sort of round about way but I did say it! Wink

Collin
K & K Manufacturing, Inc

EvoERP Version 1-22-10 SP3
5 User Workgroup Pervasive 10
Email WWW   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #7 - 06/06/07 at 09:45:22

We, too, experienced the "mismatch.." error on some machines (XP SP2 only) with the last update.  I typically just re-ran the setup and the error cleared out just fine.  Good to know that if it does not work in the future I can just manually copy over those two files.  

Thanks!  Cheesy

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #8 - 04/01/22 at 07:46:17

I have at least one workstation that gets this " updating to a newer runtime " . Can I just empty their local ISTS folder on their C drive?

thanks
Laura
OR ………………………….

[quote author=Lynn_Pantic ]  Try renaming the C:\ISTS folder and copying in one from a station that works. [/quote]

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
prophet

Reply #9 - 04/01/22 at 10:46:49

What its trying to do is copy two files from the DBAMFG or EVO folder and replace the ones in the ISTS folder. This usually takes place after a full on update. Copy the tp7runtime.exe and the evoERP.exe from the DBAMFG or EVO folder and paste them into the ISTS folder. Overwrite the ones that are there. Both files should be the exact same size and should have the same date. That should take care of the probelm.

IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #10 - 04/01/22 at 13:12:39

Per instructions I copied the evoErp.exe and the tp7runtime.exe from the DBAMFG folder and pasted them in Tom's  C:ISTS folder.   His old ones were overwritten.   I'll let you know if he sees improvement.

Thank you so much!

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print