Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
03/29/24 at 03:03:44
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
btrieve error 146 duplicate system key (Read 2281 times)
DTASKER
Browser

btrieve error 146 duplicate system key
03/05/08 at 13:07:42

We recently move DBA from a Novell server running pervasive sql 2000i to a windows 2003 server and upgraded to pervasive sql v10.  All the data files have been rebuilt from ver 7 to version 9.5.  There have been several occasions when users will get a btrieve error 146.  One is generated when using WO-F enter labor hrs (file bkglx). The same error is also occurring using SO-A (file bkarinvl).  This does not happen all the time.  “Error 146 Duplicate system key.  The same key number was generated by two different threads generating system keys.”  Did not find any information on Pervasive’s knowledge base.

IP Logged
kkmfg

Ghost of the code

Re: btrieve error 146 duplicate system key
Reply #1 - 03/05/08 at 13:22:43

By any chance are multiple people doing things with the general ledger when the error happens in WO-F or are multiple people maybe doing things with sales orders when the error happens in SO-A?  

From the sound of it, it would seem that Pervasive has more than one thread open (serving more than one user) and they both open up a record in the offending file and both get the same ID unbeknownst to each other until it's too late. I'm not sure that there is much that ISTech could do as it sounds like a Pervasive problem but... well... it seems quite odd to me. I guess more information might be needed. That, or someone more knowledgeable on really obscure Pervasive problems than I.

You are using the client/server version of Pervasive I would guess?

Collin
K & K Manufacturing, Inc

EvoERP Version 1-22-10 SP3
5 User Workgroup Pervasive 10
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print