News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pervasive 8013 error (Read 4651 times)
rmh148

Pervasive 8013 error
07/31/08 at 13:27:48

Does anyone know how to solve an 8013 error?  This is on a standalone DBA Classic 2004.1 Pervasive 8.5 setup.  I get it when DBA tries to load before login screen.  I have tried to reinstall Pervasive and DBA both without luck.  I know the pervasive engine is working because I can open the databases DBAODBC and Demodata from the Control Center.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

In advance, thanks.  Rod

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Pervasive 8013 error
Reply #1 - 07/31/08 at 14:08:25

Unfortunately, 8013 is a useless "error loading component" error so it doesn't tell us much but I have seen mismatched component versions cause the error.  One thing to check - make sure you have WBTRV32.DLL in the C:\PVSW\BIN folder and ONLY in that folder.  Also, if W32MKDE.EXE (old Btrieve 6.15 engine) exists anywhere on the workstation, delete or rename it.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
rmh148

Reply #2 - 07/31/08 at 14:45:47

Thanks I'll give it a look.  I did see somewhere that there was a Cleanup program on the 2004.1 CD that wipes pervasive.  Not sure if that would help.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

IP Logged
jryan1111
Browser

Sentinel Connectors

Reply #3 - 08/08/08 at 06:36:03

I run DBA 2004.1 w/ PSQL 2000i across our network, but I do all the guinea pig testing on a local copy of DBA on my machine...however, I get the 8013 error if i don't uninstall the network 2000i attached to the network DBA when I try to run the local DBA.

It seems to me that the 8013 error let's you know that pervasive is pointing somewhere else, if you only have a local install, uninstall and reinstall would be my suggestion, so it can find the correct path again.

Still a noobie here, but I fought through my own 8013 errors and thought I'd throw my 2 cents in for what it's worth Tongue

Email WWW jryan1111   IP Logged
jryan1111
Browser

Sentinel Connectors

Reply #4 - 08/08/08 at 06:38:47

Also Pervasive has a utility called Pervasive System Analyzer which will remove all components of Pervasive...INCLUDING your licenses and all the registry keys. Be sure to have them before uninstalling or you'll be calling pervasive like i had to for an additional set of license keys (no charge, just a pain Tongue )

jryan1111
Browser

Sentinel Connectors

Reply #5 - 05/24/12 at 12:51:31

Ok, now I'm stuck...4 years later and I wish I had taken better notes. 8013's across the board here and it started with an engineer who got Error 8020. I've tried running repairs of DBA, Pervasive SQL Server and 2000i...Pervasive considers this legacy software now and does not support it. DBA is out of business. PVSW.log does not display which files are missing. Any help??

Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #6 - 05/24/12 at 18:45:37

Was it working and suddenly quit?  Was something new installed that may have loaded a different Pervasive version?

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
jryan1111
Browser

Sentinel Connectors

Reply #7 - 05/25/12 at 06:35:16

Nothing changed that I know of. We're running Windows 2k Pro on a server in the back room. The thing never gets touched nor updated in fear of crashing. I've been working on getting our new server up and running with our new MRP software bundle, so DBA just kinda hangs loose on this old beast.

That morning an engineer called up w/ an 8020 error. His machine has been an issue over the past 3 months, required Windows and Office repair installs, new HDD, etc...I figured it was a basic network path issue and would reinstall the Pervasive Client app. About an hour later I get another call from manufacturing, they received the 8013 error. I tried to get in, the same happened. However Sales and Accounting both had DBA up and running without issues the entire day...but they were already in the program. Once I closed them out to restart the server (thinking that would fix it), they received the 8013 as well.

After 2 hours of endless attempts of trying new ideas and avenues, I finally listened to my own advice (above) and ran the Clean Up utility on the DBA disc. I had already tried reinstalling on top of itself, uninstalling from Add/Remove programs and reinstalling, but I hadn't tried the Clean Up program. Sure enough, that worked. After another fresh install, adding licenses, and a restart....DBA popped up for everyone. My holiday weekend was saved Grin

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print