Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/19/24 at 10:19:51
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
December update install failed. (Read 1610 times)
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

December update install failed.
05/18/09 at 13:59:15

I had problems with the install of the December update this weekend.  
I downloaded it on Friday 5/15.  The install got to the "convert existing dictionary" portion (step 3 on installation instructions), and I got this error:
Addsum Tas Premier 7i
List Index out of bounds (3)
I clicked OK and had a blank screen, which I closed.
I got a warning that the update process had not been completed.  I tried again, and at some point got the error 115.  I checked an no other workstation was on but mine and I was logged off the server.  I restarted the server and tried again and got the List Index out of bounds message again.  I gave up and tried to restore the DBA folder copy, but I was not allowed to rename the real DBA folder so I could not restore the copy, because the "file was in use by another program"  

This went on all weekend, after several server restarts and confirmation that No one was using the file.  This morning I decided to try stopping the Pervasive services and sure enough I was able to rename the DBA folder and restore my copy.  

I had trouble when I installed the payroll update, and apparently this full update is not going to be easy either.  I have to wait a while to try it again, but am wondering what all this means.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Re: December update install failed.
Reply #1 - 06/03/09 at 11:36:27

Okay I would like to try to install the update again since there is an even newer update out there.  I will us the May update since I can't download the December one anymore and I like to start with a fresh download.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this error before I start the install process?

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #2 - 06/08/09 at 12:45:44

I have scheduled the update for next Friday (6-19) and could really use some help/answers to my dilemma:

What caused the failure of the December update?  

Should I just download and install the March update or should I try the December update again and then install the March update?

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 06/08/09 at 19:05:21

Were you installing the update at the server or from a workstation?  The fundamental process of the update installation has not changed for quite a while (like since maybe 2006) so it doesn't make sense that you are getting an error unless something has changed on your end.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #4 - 06/09/09 at 08:48:38

I was installing it on my workstation using remote desktop to the server.  I have administrator privileges on the server.  It is possible that my computer had not disconnected properly from Evo or Pervasive, since the first message I got indicated that Evo was open.  However, I logged off my workstation, restarted the server, and tried the install from the server, and still got the hang up during the dictionary conversion.  

I never had any problems on the old server (2000) and Pervasive 8.5 but with the 2008 Server and Pervasive 10 even just the Payroll update I did in January did not run smoothly-- if you remember Lynn I had to get your help. You had to send me new dictionary files.  I don't remember what else we did.

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but when I tried to change the name of the messed up DBA folder on the server, I got a message saying that the  file was being used and I could not make changes.  When I stopped Pervasive I was able to change the name and reinstate the copy.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 06/10/09 at 09:42:10

When you re-attempt the update, do not use remote desktop.  Try running from your workstation and direct to the server network drive across the network.  Or do it on the server physically sitting at the console.  There may be some restrictions on what Server 2008 will allow you to do via RDP.  I know Pervasive has s ome things you can't do via RDP even logged in as administrator.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #6 - 08/21/09 at 16:11:03

I tried this update again today, at first from the server.  Actually I never got to the update because I was having the same problem as last time with the DBAMFG folder-- I could not re-name it.  So after re-reading this post I decided to try it from my work station and it worked!  
I am now updated.
I would still like to know what is going on with the server, and have this question about the program folder on the server:

How should this folder be set up as far as security goes?  Does it need to be shared, or can I just give server administrators and my "DBA Users" group permissions-- complete control for the administrator and read/write for the users or total control for users also( not really comfortable with that)?  
Should the folder be a read-only folder?  This was checked on the properties page for the folder and I unchecked it to see if this would help with my renaming efforts but it did not change anything.  I left it unchecked- should I change it back?

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print