Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/19/24 at 01:00:41
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Inventory being zeroed out (Read 6694 times)
Vman

If it ain't broke,
don't fix it

Inventory being zeroed out
07/16/09 at 13:07:34

We just started noticing this since the 05/09 update.  I believe that this is happening after running MRP, but not sure- we discovered the problem after running the Make and Buy reports.  We have had several lines of inventory where the O/H balance was zeroed out.  We found that on some of them the BKICLOC record was missing, while on others, the O/H field was 0.  On the ones where the BKICLOC record was missing, the MTICMSTR record was incorrect in the allocation field.  We used maintain database to correct the errors (in all cases, we had stock on hand and the transactions were correct).
Has anyone else seen this?

EVO-ERP 2022.2
Build 4/22/22
Actican Zen V14 SP2 Workgroup
Win7 64-bit and Win10 Pro
WWW   IP Logged
cdecker

Re: Inventory being zeroed out
Reply #1 - 09/10/09 at 11:56:06

We are having the issue of Inventory On Hand Disappearing- I can not pin point exactly when or what caused it - we ran SMJC on 8/30, we run Rebuild weekly.  But I do know that $70,000 worth of pumps just disappeared from the IN-A on Hand
Funny thing is that there is still a book value, so the system must recognize that there is or was inventory.  Ran IN-F Inventory value for previous dates (PO receipt dates) and value is zero even for a year ago.
Is there a way to find other parts that might have "Disappeared"  
and what do you recommend that I do to properly add the "lost" inventory back in

Cheri Decker
Awareness Technology, Inc
Evo Version 2015.2; Build 7/2/15 Pervasive 10.12/Win2008/Client-server
43 Full/5 DC Users
GOLD Support
Member Since 2002
Email   IP Logged
cdecker

Reply #2 - 09/10/09 at 11:57:09

We are running 8/4/08

Cheri Decker
43 Full/5 DC Users
GOLD Support
Member Since 2002
Email   IP Logged
cdecker

Reply #3 - 09/11/09 at 09:11:59

Hi Lynn -  
Do you have any explanation why SMJC would just zero out inventory.  There are a total of 10 parts that the inventory just disappeared - but still shows an on hand book value $$.  Four of these parts we deleted from BKICLOC altogether and I had to re-enter them
We will run SMJC again and hope that it will reverse the transaction.

But I am being pressured for a reason...why would the system zero out Inventory and why did it delete the part from BKILCOC?
Why do we have to run SMJC?  It is a very LONG process and we have to run it from home.  We do it monthly - what is the suggest frequency to run this program?
Are there other weekly or monthly maintenance programs that we should be doing?
Thanks
Debra

Cheri Decker
43 Full/5 DC Users
GOLD Support
Member Since 2002
Email   IP Logged
Vman

If it ain't broke,
don't fix it

Reply #4 - 09/11/09 at 11:08:37

dbernhard-

The book value is calculated seperately.  Therefore, if adjustments are made to inventory, the book value is not automatically updated.  UT-K-G updates the book value.
    As for SM-J-C, could you give some more information on how it is run?  Did you loose the inventory after a Master or Transaction Level Recon?  
    I run it here occasionally, and always in report only mode first.  I have found that running IN-L-S (Rebuild Stock Status) before SM-J-C seems to reduce the number of things that come up.
    Basically, there are several inventory master files, which can get out of synch (i.e. similar fields in two files can have different values).  SM-J-C allows you to correct this.

EVO-ERP 2022.2
Build 4/22/22
WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #5 - 09/11/09 at 12:18:52

Actually, Book Value is updated automatically with all transactions and should stay in synch with inventory on-hand extended value.  See #3 under Accounting at http://www.istechsupport.com/faq.php

There was a bug with PO-A (old Evo version, not the new GUI version) wiping out BKICLOC records under certain circumstances but it was fixed a while back.  You might have that going on with the Aug 08 version you are on.  What is the modified date of T6POA.RUN that you have?

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Vman

If it ain't broke,
don't fix it

Reply #6 - 09/11/09 at 13:44:04

Lynn,

I stand corrected on the book value.  I know that it used to not update if you made a change in IN-K, but it does now.

EVO-ERP 2022.2
Build 4/22/22
WWW   IP Logged
cdecker

Reply #7 - 09/11/09 at 13:51:25

Did you loose the inventory after a Master or Transaction Level Recon?    
We ran SMJC on the Transaction Level
 I run it here occasionally, and always in report only mode first.  
We run SMJC monthly as part of our system maintenance.  In the past the report was 30 pages, now that we do it monthly it is about 15 pages.  I am still trying to find out if there is a monthly maintenance routine that ISTech recommends.
We ave found that running IN-L-S (Rebuild Stock Status) before SM-J-C seems to reduce the number of things that come up.  
We run IN-L-S every Monday.  We run IN-D every Monday and say yes to Rebuild Stk Status.  We also say yes to rebuild summarized cost during finished production and still have 15 pages.SM-J-C allows you to correct this.  
SMJC is what Incorrectly deleted the inventory of 4 parts.  It also removed these parts completely in BKICLOCActually, Book Value is updated automatically with all transactions and should stay in synch with inventory on-hand extended value.  
Book value being out of synch is what alerted us that there was a problem.  One part had $70K of inv value and we have the parts in house but Inv on hand was wiped out.  What is the modified date of T6POA.RUN that you have?  
File was created on 6/10/03 - last modified on 10/10/08

Cheri Decker
43 Full/5 DC Users
GOLD Support
Member Since 2002
Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #8 - 09/11/09 at 15:13:36

VMan -

Actually, if you change the Average Cost in IN-K then Book Value is not updated but you do get a warning.  It is NOT recommended to use IN-K to change the average cost of anything with on hand quantity.  better to use IN-C and make a negative adjustment to take them all out of stock at the incorrect cost, then a positive adjsutment to out them back in at the correct cost.  That will maintain Book Value as well as an audit trail of the change in cost.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
cdecker

Reply #9 - 09/14/09 at 06:02:13

Hi Lynn
My problem is that inventory is zero
You still have not told me how or why SMJC would wipe out our inventory on 4 parts
and what should I do about it.

Cheri Decker
43 Full/5 DC Users
GOLD Support
Member Since 2002
Email   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #10 - 09/14/09 at 06:16:22

Sorry to jump in the middle here, but I have a question...

You ran Master and Transaction level SM-J-C, and for the transactions did you specify that the on-hand should match the transactions or vice-versa?  

I made the mistake of running it in the mode that forces the on-hand amount to match the transactions and found that some on-hand amounts were changed when they should not have been. I seldom run transaction level reconciliation (for real) anymore. I run the master quarterly and run the transaction level as a report only to see if there are things that don't agree. If I feel it is needful, I might run the transaction level, usually only at fiscal year end, to make the detail balance in case the auditors look at it.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #11 - 09/14/09 at 07:55:35

We run the transaction level every month end and always run type B.  I have found that while transactions seem to always be recorded the location quantity is not always updated.  We have had nothing showing up on the transaction level reconciliation for a long time, until the update last month.  
Somehow a bunch of part number quantities were zeroed out in BKICLOC when I changed the blank location to "STOCK", so when we ran the reconciliation type B the location quantity was changed back to the correct  quantity per the transactions.  

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Missy Burke
Browser

Reply #12 - 09/14/09 at 08:11:36

(I work with Debra)  To answer Colin's question, we run both a Master and Transaction Level, simultaneously, and use Method B.  We do this monthly.  We have found that our transactions are most always correct, and so we always adjust on-hand quantities to match the transactions.

Missy Burke
Awareness Technology, Inc.
Evo 2015.2
Pervasive 10/Win2008/Client-server
43 Full/5 DC Users
Email WWW   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #13 - 09/14/09 at 09:15:45

When I run SM-J-C in report mode and check what it wants to do, it seems that quick counts more often align with BKICLOC than with what the transactions would indicate. At least they have in the past. We have been increasing training and tightening procedures, so I'm hoping to see a general improvement in the quality of our data.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
Vman

If it ain't broke,
don't fix it

Reply #14 - 09/14/09 at 11:19:21

Just had one burp on me today.  The BKICMSTR record for the part disappeared, but the BKICLOC record was still there.  Running SM-J-C master level would have deleted the BKICLOC record on a good part with stock O/H.  I re-entered the part in IN-B, and all is well again.  
I always run SM-J-C in report mode first so that I can look at what it finds. My experience has been that on the transaction level, you can have a mix between transactions being right and inventory count being right.  So I usually have to do some research after the report mode.

EVO-ERP 2022.2
Build 4/22/22
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print