Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 21:09:36
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Inventory being zeroed out (Read 6691 times)
cdecker

Re: Inventory being zeroed out
Reply #15 - 09/14/09 at 12:01:02

But what would cause the BKICMSTR record to disappear?  That is what concerns me

We run SMJC monthly as part of our maintenance.
Our IT person first preforms a backup, then runs the Fix Binary zeros program before she runs SMJC - the process takes anywhere from 4-8 hours (after work hours) and there is no way we want to run it twice a month.  
Our reports are sometimes over 30 pages of data to review.  We have ~3,000 DAILY transactions between all the modules...Perhaps our company has an extraordinary amount of daily transactions?  
I would like to know - Thanks

Cheri Decker
Awareness Technology, Inc
Evo Version 2015.2; Build 7/2/15 Pervasive 10.12/Win2008/Client-server
43 Full/5 DC Users
GOLD Support
Member Since 2002
Email   IP Logged
Vman

If it ain't broke,
don't fix it

Reply #16 - 09/14/09 at 13:28:43

Here's some more information on the burp I had today.  I found that I had a duplicate record for the next part number after the one that had "disappeared" (913373 disappeared, but there were two records for 913375) in BKICMSTR.  The second record had the description and data for the first one, leading to the conclusion that somehow the part number had been changed during some access of the record.  I had run a report only Master Level recon which was stating that the duplicate record was to be deleted.

EVO-ERP 2022.2
Build 4/22/22
Actican Zen V14 SP2 Workgroup
Win7 64-bit and Win10 Pro
WWW   IP Logged
cdecker

Reply #17 - 09/15/09 at 11:20:24

You write " somehow the part number had been changed during some access of the record"  Somehow?  What would cause the BKICMSTR record to disappear?  That is what concerns me.
As far as running SMJC in report only, then reviewing it...I would like to think the the data transactions add up to actual on hand inventory and running SMJC is the check and balance of the system.
Like I stated, it takes 4-8 hours to complete the process and is not something I would want to run twice a month.

I would also be interested to know how many combined daily transactions other companies have.

Our reports are sometimes over 30 pages of data to review.  We have ~3,000 DAILY transactions between all the modules...Perhaps our company has an extraordinary amount of daily transactions?  
Thank you for your input

Cheri Decker
Awareness Technology, Inc
Evo Version 2015.2; Build 7/2/15 Pervasive 10.12/Win2008/Client-server
43 Full/5 DC Users
GOLD Support
Member Since 2002
Email   IP Logged
Vman

If it ain't broke,
don't fix it

Reply #18 - 09/15/09 at 12:34:30

My company is very small- we may have anywhere from a few to a few hundred transactions a day.  
As to how it disappeared, I am not a database expert, but it seems reasonable that during the accessing of a record to update it, a read/write operation of some type has to be done.  If, for some reason the data written back is corrupted, incomplete or other, you then have a problem.  Lynn or one of the programmer types, please correct me if I am wrong.
I wonder if it is possible that the record did not disappear, but was overwritten as a blank record.  Many times when I run the reconciliation, there are blank records to be deleted.
One strategy you might employ to cut down on the recon time would be to  do only part of the inventory at a time.  You would have to do it more often, but the procesing time and review time of the changes would be more manageable.

EVO-ERP 2022.2
Build 4/22/22
WWW   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #19 - 09/15/09 at 12:59:06

(I posted this under ITEMS and realized I should have put it here as it all seems to be related.... I have been having issues ever since the update and some seem to be related to creating a new named location and getting rid of the blank location.)

I have some issues going on with my inventory transactions and the change of default location from blank to "STOCK".  I have been discussing some of them in another thread.  
This morning I decided to run a report only master and transaction level reconciliation.  

Master level has one "N" type part having 5 BKICLOC records. I checked the location file and sure enough there were 5 records, all with various UOH.  I went into IN-A to look at the part and then went back to BKICLOC, and now there is only one record.  Strange.

A number of parts have no BKICLOC record, it wants to create a record for location "STOCK        ".  Should all those spaces be at the end of the location?  Most of these are obsoleted parts, only one has some monthly consolidation transactions, the others do not have any transactions.  Can I just delete the ones with no transactions?

Transaction Level:  
  As expected the transaction level reconciliation wants to recreate new blank locations for parts I have that in most cases only have one J type transaction, STOCK is in every location field I can find.  Don't know what to do about these.  
  Another problem part was reconciled at the end of last month and is already off again.  The part says we are negative but we should have a bunch.  So far this month there has been one receipt and a few issues.  The last reconciliation done on 9-8-09 had BKICLOC at 24 but transaction total was 77- part was changed to 77. After that there was an issue of 2.  Now the BKICLOC UOH is -2.  Somewhere along the line the UOH was zeroed out.  The report mode verifies this and wants to change the UOH to 75.

But why is the UOH quantity being zeroed out?????

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
EVO-ERP2008.1(20 users) w/IS Tech update 5/25/09 (as of 08/21/09)
Windows 2008 Server/client
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Vman

If it ain't broke,
don't fix it

Reply #20 - 09/16/09 at 12:16:48

More fun stuff.  I have run SM-J-C Master Recon in report mode three times- twice on the 14th, and once just a little while ago.  I have gone from 5 blank record in BKICLOC to 6 and now to 37 (to be deleted).  What keeps creating blank records?

EVO-ERP 2022.2
Build 4/22/22
WWW   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #21 - 09/18/09 at 08:58:46

After I installed the latest update on 8/21, I created the new named location "STOCK" and merged (?) my old blank location with this new default location.  Then I copied my real company to a new test company.  Then I ran fix binary zeros, I assume on both companies' data.
So far my new test company looks great, has none of the problems that my real company has.  I have been running test transactions and can't get it to do anything but act normally.  
So between the 8/21 and 8/31 when we ran SMJ-C as part of our usual month end inventory, there was some transaction or record lock or something (!) that corrupted some records so that now we seem to have a permanent issue with some parts that zero out, or have phantom blank location transactions.  
If there is something I could check or try in my test company that might help figure out this mystery I would like to know about it.  

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #22 - 09/25/09 at 07:58:17

For the parts that this happens to, so far only a hand full but could be some I haven't noticed , the part seems to zero out with a PO receipt.  After the PO receipt, the part goes to zero instead of adding the receipt to the total UOH, and the next transaction, an issue, puts the part at negative on hand.  Another ineresting thing is that the book value is what it should be with the PO receipt added in.

I have started fixing these by calculating the total UOH based on transactions, as the reconciliation would do, and going into the BKICLOC file and changing the UOH.  This way I do not have to get everyone out of Evo while I run the reconciliation.  Does anyone see a problem with this method?

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #23 - 09/25/09 at 09:16:22

Your method is fine and THANKS for pointing us to PO-C as the culprit!!!!  We will get right on it!

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #24 - 09/25/09 at 09:28:51

My pleasure to help Lynn, I just hope you can find something.  We have other PO receipts that act normally, that is the part is not zeroed out. I can't fathom what the difference is unless it is some kind of record lock.  If looking further into the transactions would help let me know.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #25 - 10/20/09 at 08:36:58

update on this -- it was not a PO as I first suspectd.  That is I can't subsantiate that claim, and Lynn did not find anything either.  I can reproduce this zeroing out though when we are using WO-K-B.  If we change the BOM on one assembly and finish another related assembly (same prefix, lower suffix) a related part (same everything, same item number  except for the last digit) is zeroed out.  In some cases the BKICLOC record is deleted altogether.  
Now today I have a different case.  On the inventory exceptions report I have a part that is listed two times with the note: UOH total of locations is not the same as UOH total of inventory record.  Use reconcile inventory to correct.  The only transaction this part has had since September was to be on a BOM for an assembly that was converted from a sales order, and then the BOM was changed  with WO-K-B (this item was not changed, another was, there are only three items on this BOM).

I am convinced that there is something wrong with WO-K-B and would like to change back to the old version (current one is dated 6/22/09 and old one is dated 1/18/09).  Is there a problem with this?

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #26 - 10/20/09 at 09:11:36

No problem; you can safely do that.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #27 - 10/20/09 at 11:41:43

Well that did not help.  
The first time I ran the sequence everything was fine.  The second time, and times thereafter, following this sequence the BKICLOC record was zeroed for the second part #:

For two assemblies with boxes, the first with box 2000005, the second with 2000001 (the order does not matter- the part that gets zeroed out is always in the first work order)
1) Convert SO to WO - SO-N, one of each eg 7013-14, 7013-15
2) Release work order- WO- B (rebuild stock status doesn't matter- this happens either way)
3) WO-K-B- for second work order- Delete the part number 2000001 from the bill.(Highlight the part number, <enter> advance to the item number field, and <delete component>, exit,exit.)

AT THIS POINT-- The BKICLOC record for 2000005 is missing!

WO-I - Finish production on the two work orders 7013-14 first.  Shortage report at the end says inventory is negative for 2000005.  When I look at BKICLOC again, the record has re-appeared and is -1.
 I have other items that are zeroing out but are not so easily traced.  This happens every time I run this sequence for assemblies containing these two item numbers except for the first time I run it after starting my computer and logging on Evo.

Good luck figuring this one out...

PS We use this sequence alot and that is how I noticed it.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
cathyh

I used to be
indecisive; now I'm
not so sure......

Reply #28 - 10/20/09 at 14:03:53

Okay latest scenario that just happened-  
SO-N convert work order for one assembly with box
Release work order in WO-A (change to R and save)
Finish Production WO-I and backflush materials
Item # for box is now zero (it was 122)

I looked at the location file and we had three blank records which I deleted and changed the location quantity for 2000001 to 122.  Then finished and backflushed a stock work order- nothing zeroed out.

The change to older WO-K-B seems to have preceded this new event of blank records in the BKICLOC file.  I changed it back to the current one and changed SO-N back to the old one-- the new one was dated 6/19/09 and the old one is 5/28/08.

Ran the same scenarios again---the problem seems to have disappeared!

That jives with what has been happening since the only time we get zeroed out parts is when we are dealing with a converted sales order line item.  We have not had a problem with stock work orders.

Cathy Hamilton
Wing Inflatables, Inc.
Pervasive V10.1
Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #29 - 10/22/09 at 17:18:00

Thank You Cathy!!!!!!!!!!!    Grin

We have identified and fixed (patch to be released tomorrow Oct 23) this problem.  We are continuing to look to see if the same behavior exists elsewhere now that we know what to look for.  The problem we have fixed existed only for multiple line Sales Orders converted to Work Orders that had Type N (Non-Inventory) components on the BOM.  What made it extra tricky to find was that the inventory item that ultimately had the problem was a DIFFERENT component on the BOM.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print