Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 09:43:25
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Submitting w-2s electronically (Read 1611 times)
MaryC
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Submitting w-2s electronically
12/23/09 at 13:40:26

Does DBA Payroll(classic) allow you to submit the w-2s electronically?  Has anyone had experience with this?

IP Logged
deburr

Re: Submitting w-2s electronically
Reply #1 - 12/29/09 at 10:15:48

Connecticut requires this for a couple of years now. I export to CSV file and upload to the tax department using that.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 12/29/09 at 15:03:37

W-2's are submitted to the Social Security Administration, not the state, and the format for electronic submittal is fairly complicated.  It is currently only a requirement if you have more than 250 W-2's but I am sure it is something that will change so we need to look at it..

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #3 - 01/05/10 at 17:56:43

More on this - I got a copy of the MN requirements from another user and the submittal required for the state uses data from W-2s but a simpler format.  We will be able to do it in Evo using a modified version of PR-I that will open the W-2 file rather than the payroll master and a modified RTM to generate the CSV file needed.  

The new PR-I program will be included in the next update (scheduled for mid-January release) and the MN filing deadline is 2/28/10 so there is plenty of time.

I have not finished researching but the same approach may work for federal electronic W-2 filing as well.  At least the line item detail can be sent to a spreadsheet and the header record added manually.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
deburr

Reply #4 - 01/12/10 at 07:33:58

It would be nice if the feds come up with a web based uploads like the states do. In the past they have always directed you to some approved vendor that you need to pay to provide them with what they want. Big government is beautiful. Can't wait to see how many new vendors and bureaucracies I will need to deal with once we get our new health care system.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print