Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/18/24 at 23:45:44
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help with a dupe part problem... (Read 2986 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Help with a dupe part problem...
01/27/10 at 11:49:01

Cheryl created a work order for a part, L1041-K1 on 1/21.  She completed the work yesterday, and  entered the completed product (8 finished, 2 scrapped)  into finished goods and closed the work order.  Today accounting noticed a discrepancy in a part (L1041), and that the part showed up twice on our duplicate parts report.  Shipping/stockroom went to move the part Cheryl completed (L1041-k1) into the finished goods in the stockroom. When they went to verify the part was completed in Evo, they could not find the part #. Sure enough, the part # is not showing in Evo any longer.

When I look at the databases in MDB, the part L1041-k1 is showing normally in the MTICMSTR, but isn't showing in the BKICMSTR. However, there is the duplicate part, L1041, showing up.  The description of the 2nd L1041 part matches the L1041-k1 part.  

The workorder Cherly closed still shows up, the parts transferred to finished goods shows up (8).  

There is no GL entry for the finished goods, but when a Crystal report is run on the Invtxn table, it does show a transaction for the finished goods--even though there is no inventory record for the part.  There is a transaction showing up for the L1041-k1 part of 8 (the finished goods), and a transaction showing a qty of 2 for L1041 (which was not correct).

Some other info:  when Cheryl went to create the WO initially on 1/21, she put in the Part # and said  he received a pop-up message, something about the part being invalid.  But, it let her continue to create the WO, and when she printed it she got all the associated process sheets, etc. So at the time she didn't think anything about the error.  In fact she didn't even mention it to me.  I asked her if she had any problems creating the WO, and she at first said no, then she said, oh actually there was an error that came up.....etc.

So how do we fix this, and does this give you any further info into tracking down this duplicate part problem?

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: Help with a dupe part problem...
Reply #1 - 03/05/10 at 10:16:13

Still have not been able to determine how to fix this problem. but we think it this missing part may be causing a different problem.

Yesterday our purchasing person ran a standard costs rollup.  When the process hit this missing part, it "boinked".  The purchasing person had to restart the process with the next part after this missing part, and it finished successfully.

But, I noticed this morning when in MDB, addressing a different issue (which is posted as "strange table behavior with MDB" in this forum), that there are four blank records created in the BKICMSTR table that were created during the cost rollup. So this missing part is causing problems with doing a standard cost rollup.

So how do we fix this missing part issue?  

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #2 - 03/08/10 at 08:11:59

So not getting any sort of feedback here.....this is really a frustrating problem with these parts becoming ghosts, going missing, etc.  Has become a real problem for several months now (since  robably the Sept update).

Anyway......

On this part, Nancy decided to just try to add it back into the system using IN-B.  Remember you could not find the part in IN-A, but you could see the transactions, create a work order for it, etc.  Very weird.  So she added the basic info and saved, then went into IN-A and it's back with all it's history, etc. except the UOH is off. So she did an inventory adjustment to fix that, then did a cost rollup for just that part.  She told me all of this, and I said, ok, so did you run a duplicate part report to make sure it isn't showing up there?  No but she did run one and it's showing up duplicated in the BKICMSTR table!

Just a note:  Most all of our duplicate parts seem to be duplicated in the BKICMSTR table and not in the MTICMSTR table (we have only had one part duped in the MTICMSTR table).  

So I will go in and fix this by removing the bad record from the BKICMSTR table.  But we wish we knew what was causing this to occur!

Also, is there any documentation as to what processes use which of these tables at any one time, and if any processes hit both tables at some point?  It would help determining things like why production was allowed to create a WO when the part didn't exist in BKICMSTR (it gave an error about the part # but allowed the entry to take place anyway, which is how we discovered the part was "missing" in the first place), and other such anomalies.  

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Reply #3 - 03/08/10 at 08:43:13

If a record drops (tables do lose records sometimes) out of the MTICMSTR table only, you will get errors running some reports, but you can recreate the MTICMSTR record by editing the item in IN-C.  

If a record drops out of BKICMSTR table only, you will not be able to find it with IN-A, IN-B, etc., but all of its history and location records will still be there.

As to why you had two BKICMSTR record after re-entering the item, I've not seen that before. As to the blank records, that problem has been around awhile. We've seen it when backflushing chokes and when Std Cost roll-up boinks on a missing record. Neither program should be able to add a record at all, but there they are. They crop up in BKICLOC, as well. I deleted twelve empties from there just now and last week I had three boinks from missing MTICMSTR records.

I will say that I have noticed more of these lost record lately, but I thought it might be due to the age of our server. Perhaps not.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #4 - 03/08/10 at 09:29:16

Update:  When I went into MDB today to get rid of the duplicate, it was not duplicated in BKICMSTR (the duplicate report printout says it's looking at BKICMSTR, but it's not--it's looking at MTIMCSTR. The report isn't updated on the headings...anyway).  It was duplicated in MTICMSTR.  So when she re-added the part, it added it both places even though it already existed in MTIMCSTR, which would explain the dupe.  The raw record showed it did not dupe everything--cycle count code missing, bin location missing, UOH was still zero, and a few other items missing.

Thanks for some of the clarification, Colin.  It's helpful.

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #5 - 04/05/10 at 09:39:56

Update again on duplicate parts....we continue to track this issue.

Walter did a cycle count today and again a specific part has come up on the duplicate parts report. We have had this one come up several times in the past, always with at least 3 duplicate records being created.

Maybe cycle counting plays a role somewhere.  Does not always happen, since he does daily cycle counting and we don't get the parts duped daily.

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #6 - 04/15/10 at 09:48:14

Update again:  

Since my last post, I have had to go into MDB and remove duplicate parts 4 times.  One part has come up quite a few times since we started tracking this issue - perhaps that part is somehow corrupted in some way?  

Today's part had two very recent types of activity - a partial work order issue, and and adjustment to the part on a sales order for an add'l release, so a line in the SO was duplicated to add the add'l release.

I have asked Accounting to try to run their duplicate part report multiple times during the day so we have a smaller window of time from when there are no duplicate parts to when parts show up so we can better track activity that may be associated with the part, in the hopes of finding the culprit.

Again, 99% of the time, the parts seem to be duplicated only in BKICMSTR.

Finally, I am installing the January update plus the latest patch so we'll see if our current issues with duplicate parts and missing sales orders (among other things) go away--crossing my fingers!

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
podell

No act of kindess is
ever wasted.

Reply #7 - 05/04/10 at 07:29:55

Did updating work?

Penny O'Dell, Office Manager
CEM Machine
Carthage, New York
Evo-ERP Update 2018.2 Pervasive v 11.30
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #8 - 05/17/10 at 13:54:23

Not sure, we have not had any duplicate parts since 4/23. I had two just after the update on 4/17, which was to apply sp3, but none since 4/23. Crossing my fingers....the only changes we've made since then are to replace BKBMG.RUN, replace the AR-C program to fix an NSF issue, and replace a t6glb report format.  So not sure why they have stopped, but for now they have.  I'm hoping that trend will continue.....

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #9 - 06/07/10 at 14:02:17

Just as a further followup, we have not had the duplicate part problem, nor the missing part problem now, for a while. So one of the last updates has in fact resolve the problem.  Would have loved to know what the cause was!

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Reply #10 - 06/16/10 at 07:46:02

New Followup - spoke too soon, we had two duplicate parts show up this morning!  Total bummer, man.
I've absolutely given up figuring out why this happens, I've wasted too much time here.

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print