Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 17:32:17
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
tp7runtime.exe crash, config gone (Read 2019 times)
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

tp7runtime.exe crash, config gone
04/13/11 at 07:48:59

This is just an FYI. Today, for the second time this month, tp7runtime.exe crashed and Evo froze. Had to used end task. Evo would not restart, instead just giving an error, "Data dictionary file could not be opened: C:\ISTS\FILELOC.DBF"

What happened is that the crash of the tp7runtime.exe also erased the contents of the taspro7.ini file. That wipes your setup and you need to go into the ISTS folder and run EvoERPsetup.exe and put in your settings again on that machine. If you don't remember your settings you can look at them on another machine. Restoring a backup copy of taspro.ini would be the better, faster alternative.

At the time that tp7runtime.exe crashed I had just run WO-K-D and tried to start WO-C.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
deburr

Re: tp7runtime.exe crash, config gone
Reply #1 - 10/04/11 at 13:15:50

I'm running into this and many more problems since I updated to 5/17/11. I have to rerun the workstation setup almost daily. This is getting really aggravating. The update program ran well and I can't understand why I am having so many problems since this update.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
deburr

Reply #2 - 10/04/11 at 13:40:23

After this last crash to day I thought I would place all the files except 1 from my local ISTS directory into a backup folder and then rerun the evoerp.exe from the server to re-setup the workstation with a clean setup. This is a win 7 workstation
I got an error saying that taspro7.ini doesn't exist in either your default or system directory. Please run TP6Setup to create the file before continuing.  I can see the taspro7.ini in the server system directory so I know its there. The kicker is the program they tell me to run TP6setup does not exist.

I'm going to put back the backup files in the ists folder so I can continue to limp around, but this is frustrating.

Thanks,

Steve Cyr
Deburring House Inc.
EVOERP
Version 2018.2
PSQL 12

Email   IP Logged
ddlong

Reply #3 - 11/14/11 at 07:51:37

We've been having some similar problems with a new windows 7 -32 bit workstation.  Is there an alternate set-up for windows 7 computers?

Darla Long

Darla Long
Catalytic Industrial Group, Inc.
Independence Ks
dba 2004.1 client/server EVO Version 2020.0 08/07/20 Build Pervasive 11.3
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print