Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 23:31:05
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Void Invoice Didn't Void (Read 1051 times)
tardsat
Browser

DBA rocks!

Void Invoice Didn't Void
02/07/12 at 14:49:56

Using DBA Classic 2004.  After realizing a mistake was made a salesman attempted to void an invoice.  An error showed up (which he didn't note down) .  Bottom line is that trying to void the invoice again says already voided, while it still shows up on the AR as a real charge.  Sounds like it got half done.  Is there a way I could trick it into revoiding it again to finish the transaction?  Only 1 line item on the invoice, so that makes it a little easier.  

Any ideas would be appreciated.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Void Invoice Didn't Void
Reply #1 - 02/08/12 at 07:40:02

The posting of the void didn't finish but without the information in the message, it is hard to say why.  The void is nothing more than a negative copy of the first invoice so if you go to SO-F and print the unposted invoice from that sales order and compare to the original, you will probably see what is different and why it wouldn't post.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
tardsat
Browser

DBA rocks!

Re: Void Invoice Didn't Void
Reply #2 - 02/20/12 at 14:52:09

I used "Maintain Database" to mark the invoice status in 2 different files BKAR????.B  Changing them from "V" (or was it "X") to "Y" cacelled the void flag and allowed me to re- Void them.  This put the correct items into inventory and created the credit memo properly.  Not sure it was the best way to do it but it worked for me.   I may still be in trouble if some part of the previous transaction went through.  So far so good, cross fingers.  Case closed for now.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print