Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/05/24 at 22:56:48
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can't login X Unique Users sometimes (Read 1495 times)
AndyOB

Humm...

Can't login X Unique Users sometimes
04/03/12 at 10:36:32

So we are running Evo 5/17/11 SP1, 15 Full Licenses, 0 DC Licenses, on Pervasive 7/2000i SP4 that's running from a Win2k3 Server with all updates.

With only 12 unique users logged in we will occasionally get the "Too many users logged in" message.

I'm checking this by bringing up the Admin menu and counting how many unique logins are signed in including the ADMIN account.

As far as I know everyone has their own login/pw so I don't think there are any multi logins. The User menu displays a lot of user being signed into several modules. For example our Sales person is right now displaying 7 instances of T7POA.

Is there anything that can be done short of adding more licenses? If we increase our Pervasive count might that fix the problem?

I'm not certain of the error coming up, but if it does I'll post more specifics.

--
Andy O'Brien of Nortra Cables, Inc.
Milpitas, CA
WWW AndyOB   IP Logged
GasGiant
Administrator

How can I help?

Re: Can't login X Unique Users sometimes
Reply #1 - 04/03/12 at 10:56:24

Is it Evo licenses or Pervasive licenses that are running out?

In the monitor you can see how many of those instances are using Evo licenses by counting the number of "USERS.B" files that are open. It is possible for more than one to be open for a user who has had a system crash or who has used CRTL-ALT-DEL to get out of Evo.

For Pervasive you can have the same issue with stuck users. Either way you can delete a user from within the Monitor to clear bogus sessions.

Email WWW GasGiant GasGiant 31012781 swordworlder swordworlder   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 04/03/12 at 12:01:17

If you are running out of Pervasive licenses, you will get BTrieve 161 before you can even log into Evo or DBA.  Keep in mind that if a workstation loads both DBA Classic and Evo at the same time, it counts as 2 Evo/DBA licenses but only 1 Pervasive.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
AndyOB

Humm...

Reply #3 - 04/04/12 at 11:23:23

Don't think we have DBA running on any of the systems, so hopefully that is not an issue. I'll see if just removing/clearing users fixes the problem.

--
Andy O'Brien of Nortra Cables, Inc.
Milpitas, CA
WWW AndyOB   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print