Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Entering Prices (Read 1186 times)
TMC Trailers
Browser

Entering Prices
03/11/13 at 20:03:27

Is there a way to import item costs without overwriting existing information such as units on hand?

Currently when we create a new item our purchasing manager has to change the prices in 3 different location (Std cost, last cost, base price) in order to avoid the item coming up on the inventory exceptions report.

I would be interested to hear what everyone else does as the current process is very time consuming.

Thanks
Richard

Email   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Entering Prices
Reply #1 - 03/11/13 at 20:27:27

There is  generic Import program that can import anything you want; the caveat being you need to know the files and fields affected so you don't mess something else up.  I am not sure I understand your question, however.  When a new item is entered, by definition the UOH and Average and Last cost are 0 and will be updated the first time the item is transacted.  Base price is what you want to sell it for and Standard cost (if a purchased item) is what you manually select it to be.  What option are the new items coming up on the Inventory Exceptions Report that you want to exclude?

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
TMC Trailers
Browser

Re: Entering Prices
Reply #2 - 03/11/13 at 20:40:54

Sorry the three prices I mean are:

- vendor prices
- std cost
- last cost

if std and last cost aren't entered they showing up on the variance report (Average cost vs std cost & avergae cost vs last cost).  

Our steel prices changes quite often and the above three items need to be adjusted in order to exclude the item from the exceptions report.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print