Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/28/24 at 14:48:36
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AP-C no recievers found...but they are there (Read 2459 times)
Laura Oliver

AP-C no recievers found...but they are there
07/11/15 at 06:37:56

I received in a Purchase Order and then tried to go pay the vendor invoice in AP-C and I got:

“There are no receivers found for this vendor before 7-11-2015.  Would you like to review all receivers.”

I tell it yes and I see the receivers with a date prior to 7-11-2015
To confirm the receivers I check by running PO-I-E and yes there are receivers there.  

So then I try to pay the invoice thru AP-B

Warning: There are open PO receipts for this vendor.  Your system defaults are set tp process invoices in AP.  To do so please Use AP-C (enter PO invoices_  Are you sure you want to enter a voucher?”

So then I try to reverse the receiver and reenter , but AP-C still cant find the receiver, even though this happens in  

I have had this happen a couple of times and I end up  just ignoring the warning in AP-B and I  go ahead and pay it through AP-B.

Anyone ever have this  happen?     Any and all help appreciated.
Blessings,
Laura  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: AP-C no recievers found...but they are there
Reply #1 - 07/11/15 at 12:11:25

If you see the receivers in AP-C when you say Y to view all, what is in the Invoice Number column?   If it has something in that column you can't enter another invoice against it.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #2 - 07/14/15 at 11:44:05

In DBA and EVO  there is nothing in the invoice column
 cry

« Last Edit: 07/14/15 at 13:22:48 by Laura Oliver »  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #3 - 07/16/15 at 11:43:03

I have scoured the archives and found this has been on ongoing problem for several users since 2004.  Alot of people have thought the issue was caused if there was some type of conflict between the vendors invoice date, the receiving date and/or the GL date.   That may be true but what i found that worked for me  (so far...cross my fingers) is track PO taxes using tax groups"  

Quote from cathyh on 04/23/04 at 10:41:55:
Back when we first started using DBA Accounting and Purchasing in earnest ( June 2002) we were having similar problems with DBA saying there were no receivers when we knew there were and the dates were right. We were also having problems with taxes being properly applied. We discovered that setting the PO default "track PO taxes using tax groups" to yes was the culprit for the tax problem, and I believe our other problems seemed to clear up also when we set it to N. I'll admit my memory is a bit hazy on everything that changed, but we don't ever seem to have the missing receiver problem any more.

The only problem is that we need track PO taxes using tax groups"  set to Yes for other things.  

undecided
Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #4 - 07/16/15 at 15:36:22

The PO Tax Group needs to match the value on the AP-C screen but that is a Canadian/Australian feature, not intended for the US.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #5 - 07/17/15 at 08:46:01

Sadly the sales tax system is Alabama is apparently unique.     Track PO taxes using tax groups allowed us to cnfirm we were being charged the correct sales tax.

In Alabama a nut in machine has a different rate than a screw driver, etc etc.  
Items used in Manufacturing is a differant rate than other items.  and that would mean they are different for every little podunk city and county in Alabama as different cities an counties all have very different rates.  When these multiple localities were itemized on the PO it was alot easier for the AP person to recconcile and make sure we were paying correct amount.

But we can accomplish this a different way.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #6 - 07/23/15 at 07:56:08

I have  had the default "track PO taxes using tax groups set to NO since I realized that setting the default to Y prevented access of recievers in AP-C.
 The girl that pays the bill is now complaining that she has to figure/confirm  taxes on vendor invoices.  Before the pre-programmed tax group figured the tax rate for us.   This may sound like a petty complaint but we are in a surburb of Birmingham and a lot of our vendors are scattered in the million little suburbs around the Birmingham metro area.  And each little suburb has its own tax percentage.    

example   Birmimgham  Regular consumption  (4% state +  3% Jefferson County + 3% Birmingham City) =10%
               Homedale     Regular consumption  (4% state +  3% Jefferson County + 2%  Homedale  city) =   9%
               Fultonville     Regular consumption  (4% state +  3% Jefferson County + 4%  Fultonville  city) =  11%
               Forestebrook Regular consumption  (4% state +  2% Shelby County + 2%  Forestbrook  city) =    8%
               Birmimgham  Manufacturing            (1.5 state +  1.275 % Jefferson County + 1% Birmingham City) =3.775%
               Homedale      Manufacturing            (1.5 state +   1.275% Jefferson County + 1.5%  Homedale  city) =  4.25%
               Fultonville      manufacturing            (1.5% state +  1.275% Jefferson County + 1.725 %  Fultonville  city) = 4.5%
               Forestebrook  Manufacturing            (1.5 state +  .5 % Shelby County + .5%  Forestbrook  city) =            =2.5%

I literally have scores of little municipalities that all have different perentages and we used tax groups  that were named things like "    
              Pickup in Homedale for our consumption   9%
              Pickup in Homdale Manufacturing            4.25%
              Pickup in Homedale  Labor only                0%
              delievered  to our door  Labor only            0%
              Pickup in Fultonville Manufacturing          4.5%
             etc etc etd
This made it easy for our accounts payable person to decide and comfirm if we were charged the correct tax. We are often charged the wrong tax rate for serveral reasons, such as the vendor doesnt realize its a manufacturing purchase or that we are not in any city limits so we do not pay city tax on delivered purchases, and several other little issues.  Tax groups has been a wonderful asset to us.    We can live with this.  The AP person is going to have to be really good about knowing all the zillion little city tax rates.  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #7 - 09/14/15 at 11:59:19

If we turn on Track PO Taxes using Tax groups" DBA and EVO will figure the crazy bajillion tax rates in all the podunk alabama districts....
But with the default turned on  DBA and EVO both claim there is no receivers.

So I have to keep the default  Track PO Taxes using Tax group turned  OFF  or we wouldnt find any reciever//// embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

Whats a girl to do?

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Kelloggs

Do crazy people know
they are crazy?

Reply #8 - 09/14/15 at 13:06:37

Sometimes we get the "There are no Receivers found for this Vendor........"
What we notice is that on the PO in question, the Tax Group is missing.
We use "Maintain Database" to fix it.

Table : BKAPHPO
Field  : BKAP_PO_ISTXGR

I just test it. I selected a PO remove the tax group, then received then try to invoice. I got that message.
I put back the tax group, and no more error message.

Now that you have "Track PO Taxes using Tax groups" on, DBA/EVO is looking for that info.
Of course your system don't have it, because the PO was created before you turn that on.

embarrassed

Kelloggs

Evo ERP - 35 Users
Dumped MS Access like a hot potato (VB.Net rules!!!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #9 - 09/17/15 at 12:26:12

We have never been able to find the  receiver of a taxable purchase  if we have  the default "Track PO Taxes using Tax groups" turned on.
If it were just a few I wouldnt mind going into maintain database and fixing an ocasional problem.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #10 - 07/12/23 at 13:29:59

Until today  Kellogg's instructions have allowed me to fix  "no reciever problem" in AP-C .  I have been spoiled going to Table : BKAPHPO
Field  : BKAP_PO_ISTXGR  and correcting the tax group.   BUT TODAY i have seen the issue that Lynn reffered to for the very first time.

Lynn said  "If you see the receivers in AP-C when you say Y to view all, what is in the Invoice Number column?   If it has something in that column you can't enter another invoice against it."

I see an odd number in the invoice column when I  say yes to "   Would you like to review all receivers.”

I have looked in maintain database and cant find this odd number.   What table and field would I go to delete this odd number. ?  
Thanks

Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print