Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cannot Obsolete item (Read 945 times)
JamesO

Cannot Obsolete item
05/22/19 at 12:35:19

We are trying to obsolete an Item thru IN-B  (set Act Status) to O
When we try this we are getting a pop-up "you cannot make this item Obsolete for the following reason(s) Is present on a Purchase Order"
We see two old Purchase orders associated with this. We are able to close one thru PO-K, but the other one when we use PO-K says Not Valid...
When I recheck the PO (box icon) it just shows the bad one and we still can not obsolete the item. (same pop-up)

I have tried the same item in the test company. I can close the first PO with PO-K. The second PO closes with PO-K. But when I go to obsolete the item we still get The Pop-up with the PO associated with this . I rechecked the PO (box icon) and the second PO is still there. I tried to close it again(maybe it did not close the first time) I do get a printout it is closed. But it still shows up.

How do we close this or edit it, so we can obsolete this item. Also The PO has QTY of 1.0000 in the QTY field(if that makes any difference or not)

Thank you,
Jimmy

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: Cannot Obsolete item
Reply #1 - 05/22/19 at 13:28:05

Try UT-A, program POKFIX and also RNIFIX.  If that does not work, use Maintain Database on BKAPPOL and delete the entry.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
JamesO

Re: Cannot Obsolete item
Reply #2 - 05/23/19 at 08:57:26

Thank you ,

But before I run the POKFIX.run or the RNIFIX.run. I must back up any tables that may be changed(standard procedure here)

I tried this in the test company first.

So I backed up the BKAPPOL . Note: when I ran the POKFIX it accesed the BKAPHPOL and the RNIFIX accessed the BKAPHPO. So I will back up those also before I do any work in the Real company.

The POKFIX and RNIFIX did not work for this specific issue, but I did delete the record off the BKAPPOL. I was then able to obsolete the item.

All set

Thank you Lynn,
Jimmy

« Last Edit: 05/24/19 at 06:53:22 by JamesO »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print