Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/04/24 at 10:20:16
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
No access to GL accts in new item classes ...SM-C (Read 784 times)
Laura Oliver

No access to GL accts in new item classes ...SM-C
08/09/19 at 09:26:29

From the Help File ...If accounting is turned off in AI-B or the Permit use of Item Class GLs is set to N in AD-A  General Ledger Defaults, you will not have access to the GL Accounts in this program

I have access to the GL accounts of my older item classes.   But I am not allowed access to GL accounts for the newly created item class in SM-C.  
I have confirmed that “Permit use of Item Class GLs is set to YES  in AD-A  General Ledger Defaults.
AI-B is about Period close dates and I don’t see the option to turn accounting on and off in AI-B.  And I would think our accounting is ON as I use it every day.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Laura

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Re: No access to GL accts in new item classes ...S
Reply #1 - 08/12/19 at 06:12:25

If it is a new item class you need to click the Item Class GL button and add a new entry for it.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Re: No access to GL accts in new item classes ...S
Reply #2 - 08/12/19 at 11:53:32

Thanks.   I now remember  that i had problems with this before. For some reason I find it clumsy.  It almost seems like you are adding it twice and you kinda are.  

For future reference.

SM-C
Steo 1.  Create Item Class Name ................................... Item Classes>Add    (edit only lets you edit name of item class)
Step 2. Link GL accounts to newly created Item class ........Item Classes> Item Class GLs>ADD  

I kept thinking that the ADD and EDIT button on the first screen would allow me to edit the GL accounts and then  when I went into GL accounts I wasnt expecting to see another ADD and EDIT button.
Hopefully I will remember next time.  

Also I discovered if we only do step 1 and do not do step 2 my Purchase Order Lines will get a GL code of 99999.    And even if you override the 99999 with the real GL account that does not change the gl account of the sales tax.  The account for the tax will be 99999 and you have to change that in GL-P.    I think the tax on the PO must always come from the item class tied to the part number and does not change even if you override the GL account on the purchase order.

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print