Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/08/24 at 13:57:22
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WC-C empty entries with negative UOH (Read 497 times)
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

WC-C empty entries with negative UOH
12/31/19 at 12:24:16

Weird issue (all of our are, I know!). Back in June of this year, Walter created an inventory bin called QUARANTINE that he described as "New bin from IN-L-J by WProkowiew".  That bin was assigned a location QUARANTINE, and into it was transferred a specific item, #188.

You can see inventory transactions for this part on the same day, qty 4 were transferred from DEFAULT to QUARANTINE.

Since he created/transferred parts into that location, there are about 2600+ entries in the WC-C listing that are negative BIN UOH and zero Tot Bin UOH.  The 2nd Description field in WC-C for some of these bad entries is the part description for item #188.  The rest of the fields are blank in these records (item, warehouse, bin, dflt, etc).

I looked at all of this in our test company from early November and all these bad entries exist in there.  So this is not a recent event. I am going to guess it may be related to the creation of the bin that was done as a part of the IN-L-J transaction.

Also this may or may not be related, in the ISBNMSTR table the entries have one other field populated, ISBN.MSTR.EXTRA which contains "PIA".  Not sure what that means. And in the ISBNMSTR table the inventory location field for this QUARANTINE bin is blank (empty) where it should likely have something, at least DEFAULT.  

So, question of the day:  how do I get rid of all these hundreds of bad entries easily and fix this issue?  

Not sure if more records are being created as they go into WC-C.  Walters swears that is the case.  I don't know how to know this for sure.

As always, thanks in advance!

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
gtladmin

Diving is fun,
diving is fun!

Re: WC-C empty entries with negative UOH
Reply #1 - 01/17/20 at 08:09:21

As suggested by Lynn, I used the Global replace to find the entries and remove them from the table. This worked well and was run on both our companies.  Just have to figure out the # of records that should be removed and then the correct parameters that will only remove the files you want.  That took a few "experiments" using the test button, but with that I was able to verify what I wanted to use to define the records was correct before I actually ran it for real.

Val

Val Feehan
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print