Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
04/27/24 at 20:42:33
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
EVO regularly crashes/closes with no event/error (Read 512 times)
DHughes
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

EVO regularly crashes/closes with no event/error
09/15/20 at 05:58:41

Our system is crashing for everyone randomly since an update that was installed on 9/1.  This is for a client of ours that we just took over for tech support and we're unfamiliar with EVO.  The users remote into an RDS and then run the EVO application.  At some point while working, the application just closes with no message or anything, and they’re left sitting at their remote desktop.  Then, they can run EVO again, log back in, and go back to what they were doing.  They lose whatever work they were doing on the page they were on if they hadn’t saved yet, but they’re relatively able to get back to work in short order.  It's just extremely annoying.

It happens about 8-10 times a day for every user.  Sometimes it occurs while they're working and just disappears while they're typing or looking at reports, and sometimes it happens when they're idle, as in they walk away from their computer, and they come back to an empty desktop.  We don't have any issues with resources on the RDS--when I last looked at it we had 19 users connected and not even half resources taken up.  IS Tech Support requested info on what they were doing when it crashed, and I provided them the following information on 9/9, but no one's gotten back to me yet, so I thought I'd try here.  This is just a couple of users' experience below, but it's indicative of what everyone is experiencing.

Here are some of the scenarios where the application is closing with no information, errors, or dialogs:

1. When you are at the Enter labor screen MFG DC-A  
2. When you enter AP invoices  
3. When it is just at the main screen with nothing else nothing open  
4. Other entry’s  
5. Running sales SA-J report

So I'm at a loss, and it's been happening for two weeks now.  I'm new to EVO, so even basic advice will help, if only to learn the types of things to check in the future, assuming we can get this application to work.

Thank you in advance,

~Dan

IP Logged
prophet

Re: EVO regularly crashes/closes with no event/err
Reply #1 - 09/17/20 at 11:38:34

Does this happen when they use EVO locally as well or do these issues only happen when they are using RDP?

IP Logged
DHughes
Browser

I Love EvoERP!

Re: EVO regularly crashes/closes with no event/err
Reply #2 - 09/17/20 at 12:12:30

Hello!

I don't know if I can answer that--everyone logs in to the remote desktop server to get to the application and run it.  No one runs it locally.  If there is a way to, I'm open to trying it.

~Dan

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print