Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/07/24 at 23:19:21
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
IN-A quotation search stalls and hangs (Read 437 times)
Laura Oliver

IN-A quotation search stalls and hangs
09/30/20 at 14:42:31

User went to IN-A and clicked on quotations.  What should be the search results is minimized in the bottom left hand corner.  User clicks restore and a blank data screen comes up.  We wait and wait and wait. (over 30 seconds.  Nothing comes up.  He is locked up and can't get out.  He ends up getting an exception error.  I try it on my machine, IN-A>quotations.  Search is minimized, I hit restore and wait and wait.  Finally after 10 seconds the data populates the result screen and I see the data he was searching for.  

Any ideas why his workstation keeps locking up and will never show the quotes associated with that part number ?  

Thanks  
Laura

EDIT:  He thought this may be happening because his Workstation is connected to the sever wirelessly, so he hardwired it and i it is still happening  

helpful note:  
I always went to resources on the istech support website to find help in pdf or html.   But I just learned there is a later version of HTML HELP that i found through Google http://www.evoerp.com/webhelp/2020.1evohelp.htm.  However since I am on update 2018.3  the Help Button at the top of EVO takes me to http://www.evoerp.com/webhelp/2018.3/evohelp.htm.  This is true for my users that have internet but not for my workstations without internet.  I do not think the Help Version found on the resource page of the ISTech website is the latest version of Help

« Last Edit: 10/01/20 at 09:17:39 by Laura Oliver »  

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
prophet

Re: IN-A quotation search stalls and hangs
Reply #1 - 10/01/20 at 09:59:25

Question, just to clarify the user went into IN-A did that user enter the part number click enter so that all the fields populate for that part then click on the quotations button? Are you running the latest update with all the patches installed? Also save the exceptions error or at least list what that error says.

IP Logged
Lynn_Pantic
Administrator

evolution (n) -
gradual change to a
different form

Reply #2 - 10/01/20 at 10:29:20

The HTML and PDF Help on the resources page are 2020.1 so I do need to update it to the 2020.2 version but we are preparing a 2020.3 release as a result of some data file structure changes in the files used by the new Quality NCR and CAR modules so I will probably just wait for the release and update to 2020.3.

Lynn Pantic
IS Tech Support
lynn@istechsupport.com
Email   IP Logged
Laura Oliver

Reply #3 - 10/01/20 at 11:12:36

Prophet, yes, the user was able to enter the part number, all the fields populated and he was able to click on the little quote icon .  
We are running 2018.3.  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/190464355@N06/shares/nJ3B5S  
I will start saving exceptions errors.
Thanks

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
prophet

Reply #4 - 10/01/20 at 14:30:04

Just as a test why don't you try and switch from the classic view to EVO view for IN-A. Then try the same procedure to see if you get the same lag time. Also maybe a good time to Archive old Quotes from the system. I could help speed the process of up so it doesn't take so long to search the file. SM-J-T under the system Mgr is what you would use. Just make a backup before you use it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print