Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
05/07/24 at 10:02:37
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Unreceive PO and  reverse AP-C (Read 329 times)
Laura Oliver

Unreceive PO and  reverse AP-C
07/14/21 at 12:26:47

I accidentally entered the wrong vendor on a PO.  One of my helpers received in the Purchase Order, created an invoice in AP-C.  but when she went to pick and pay she didnt find the vendor invoice.  That is when she let me know that I had used the wrong vendor.

I knew we needed to reverse things in the exact same order.  One thing I want to make sure my receipts are correct in IN-A.

1. Reversing AP-C is easy as long as you have the correct invoice number and date.
2. Re-open in PO-D   You would think the 2nd reversal step would be reverse PO-C but it is not.  
3. Reverse PO-C, making sure you select display all received lines.    Here is what is odd.  Before you reverse it you would think that PO-C reflect rec'd quantities but it doesn't!   It shows zero as received  before I reversed it. So i took a gamble and entered a negative 30 in the quantity and proceeded to reverse.  
4.  I ran PO-I-E to confirm and happily i got a report that showed  (+30)  and (-30) for a quantity of zero received.   I was worried that I would not  have a qty of zero but of  minus 30 given what I had first seen in  PO-C
5.  I was not able to go to the original PO and select the correct vendor code.      

Before this i did not know that I had to re=open in PO-D before I could reverse.  Not do i understand why PO-C did not show a qty of 30 rec'd in.   I would think that if i reopen a PO in PO-D that PO-C would reflect the last receipt.
Thanks

Laura D. Oliver
classic DBA since 1997
EVO on Amazon server as of 5-2022
DIXIE PRECISION INC.
Birmingham, Alabama
(205)- 841-8400

www.dixieprecision.com

Email WWW   IP Logged
prophet

Re: Unreceive PO and  reverse AP-C
Reply #1 - 07/15/21 at 10:58:31

PO-C only shows what is still on the Open PO. Not what has been received.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print